Concern For Missing Members

There are 399 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 124,602 times. The latest Post () was by MichaelHarrison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I wanted to post a reply to this topic days ago although due to work etc I have not had the time.

Kevin

I think you missed the point that I was trying to make in an earlier post regarding inactive members. I was referring to members who haven't posted at all, therefore I believe that if a person joins this messageboard and after two months of being a member they still haven't posted I believe that their membership should be removed.

You highlighted the scenario of 'A girl named Jen', I never for a moment suggested deleting the account of someone who has racked up 200+ posts, and while its disappointing that she rarely posts anymore I still believe her membership status of this board should remain.

Regarding inactive moderators I understand the point you are making but it is a bad reflection of the board if these members don't contribute and or have left the board. I know Reasr has popped up within the last couple of days after a long absent with a three word post, I however deem this as completely unsatisfactory.

Maybe it would be more appropriate due to the work they have done setting up the board to remove their moderating responsibilities and to grant them special membership such as 'Founding Member' or 'Honourary Member'.

I hope this post has presented my points of view a little better than my earlier post did.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Robbie,

I must have mis-understood, I though you where thinking of removing members who simply haven't posted in a while, post count didn't matter.

In the past I have removed members that where inactive with no posts for 2 years, but I may look at something alittle more agressive. I appreciate your input as always and your concern for the bettering of the community.

• Just wondering... Anyone heard from Chance lately?

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Just wondering... Anyone heard from Chance lately?

I heard from him about a week or so ago (email) but was nothing to do with the forums. Graham was nice enough to email me a copy of his Lone Ranger painting. Im hoping to save some money up to buy it from him if it is not sold by then?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Boy howdy, get busy and don't log in or post for awhile, and folks start looking for yer scalp! I remember a time when if someone was missing for awhile, folks got concerned and started looking for em. Kinda like a family does. I sure hope that spirit of family isn't lost here on the board. I personally think that's what makes this the best board on the web. I know that I get pretty busy some times and can't always visit much less post, but I still keep in contact with some of the members, either via mail, email or telephone, but I still enjoy visiting the board, and even throwing my 2 cents into a discussion when I have the time. That's enough for this years rant.
    Best to all my friends and family here on the best board on the web,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hey Guys don't remove me. I have been busy. I had my legs waxed! I got married and divorced before I became a widower! I thought about a sex change but change my mind and had my cat done that way. Couldn't tell the time so I miss the great chat time here at the board, oh, that was somewhere else.......Did I miss the Duke's birthday?

Cheers Hondo Duke Lane :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Colorado, HDL, glad to see you all here again. I was afraid you all had won a State Lottery or something and decided that we "peons" just did not deserve your attention any longer ;-D Glad to see I was wrong again and guess i'll have to call you up more than once in awhile :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• i everyone sorry i havent been here for a while but i have been studing :book: for my Dip in Retail Management. have just about 3 weeks to go :hyper: and i will be finished have 1 assignment left to do. :wink_smile: for cert 4 i got 5 Distinctions :thumbs_up: 2 Credits :thumbs_up: and 4 passes (these were just pass or fail) :thumbs_up: havent had any marks back yet for Dip level. have Grad Cem in July :chickawow: if i get a good pic :camera: will post it for you to see.

hope to be back more frequently with in the month and then i will be running fast to catch up with you all.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hey Guys don't remove me. I have been busy. I had my legs waxed! I got married and divorced before I became a widower! I thought about a sex change but change my mind and had my cat done that way. Couldn't tell the time so I miss the great chat time here at the board, oh, that was somewhere else.......Did I miss the Duke's birthday?

Cheers Hondo Duke Lane :cool:

Sounds like Michael Jackson's diary... rotflmao

• Ohh Hondo... TMI! TMI! :stunned:

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Wow, how did I miss that post Hondo!! If its real its not all that funny, well parts of it are but if its not real I am laughing my butt off!!

Hi Smokey, glad your studies are going well. We are all in the same spots that we have been in for the last couple years plus there are some new faces as well. Look forward to you joining in again when you have more free time.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I remember a time when if someone was missing for awhile, folks got concerned and started looking for em. Kinda like a family does. I sure hope that spirit of family isn't lost here on the board. I personally think that's what makes this the best board on the web.
    Best to all my friends and family here on the best board on the web,
    Colorado Bob

AMEN, Bob, amen! I couldn't have said it better myself!

It sure was good to see Hondo and smokey recently! smokey, best of luck on your final exams - we look forward to hanging out with you again, soon!

It's been good to see Saddle Tramp posting again, too.

Chester :newyear:

• I know it's purt' near impossible to have a reunion or meeting with everyone here, but ya know, it sure would be nice to meet some of you folks. I know I'd really like to meet Kevin, and Stumpy, Hondo, Ethan, Ringo, Mr. and Mrs. Chester, Senta, Baby Sis, and a bunch of others. Especially Mr. William T. "Chili Bill" Brooks. I just love his web site. Next to here, it's the best place to get info on John Wayne. I could (and do) spend hours there.
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Wow, long time no see everyone!

Everything seemed to catch up with me at one time. School, work and the traineeship I'm currently doing. School's settled down now, thank goodness. Started the cattle shows not to long ago, around 3 weeks ago, most of the time I've been away I was working getting 7/8 head ready for the shows. And the traineeship - Certificate II in Agriculture(Beef Cattle Production), I have to go away to do the theory for that, which is around 1000km from where I live. But everything has decided to lay low for a little while :P apart from the shows, I've had one every weekend for the last 3 weeks, and I have another this weekend, and next weekend, then I get a week's break or so.

So glad to be back though!

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]