Hello from Central IL

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,360 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello to all my fellow John Wayne fans. Wow, what a site. Like most I have been a fan since a wee lad. Probably early 60's. My dad, again like many others here, had a hand in that. Of course early on I had many I watched, from Roy Rogers and Sky King to Wagon Train and Gun Smoke and so many others in between. Again great site and looking forward to pulling up a stump and chatting.

• Hello to all my fellow John Wayne fans. Wow, what a site. Like most I have been a fan since a wee lad. Probably early 60's. My dad, again like many others here, had a hand in that. Of course early on I had many I watched, from Roy Rogers and Sky King to Wagon Train and Gun Smoke and so many others in between. Again great site and looking forward to pulling up a stump and chatting.

Hope you're named after Lee Marvin and not Tom Selleck. :wink_smile:

BTW, are you aware that they finally released the original version on DVD about 3 or 4 months ago? The original is one of my favorite Westerns.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Welcome to the board, Monte Walsh. Glad you found us. Don't be shy, just jump in anywhere and have fun.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hope you're named after Lee Marvin and not Tom Selleck. :wink_smile:

BTW, are you aware that they finally released the original version on DVD about 3 or 4 months ago? The original is one of my favorite Westerns.

You betcha, after Lee Marvin! And yes I just ordered that DVD about a 4 days ago. Was on a few nights back too. Just don't see it on TV that often either. Thanks so much for the welcome.

• Welcome Monte-I'm also from Illinois, up north of Chi-town. Check things out here-lots to take in!

Edited once, last by alamo221 ().

• Hi Monte Walsh

WELCOME to The JWMB-
    The Original John Wayne Message Board
    where fans come to have fun!

Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies, Co-Stars- Pals Of The Saddle and Movie Locations