There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,755 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I seem to have wandered upon this site thanks to my husband's (and my) interest in John Wayne. My husband got me involved about 13 years ago when we were dating. I came to his house to watch a movie we "commenced to watching a western"...John Wayne...(McLintock, I think). My mother was a western fan, so watching them wasn't anything new for me, but I was surprised that a 19 year old guy would pick out such a movie. Turns out he's a die hard fan and has since gotten me addicted, as well. Any time we can't find anything to watch on TV in goes a John Wayne movie. I can be in the kitchen listening and know exactly what's going on and what the next line will be. There are a few "old stand-by's" that we always seem to lean toward as favorites, such as Hellfighters, Chisum, The Shootist, Hitari (depending what mood were in).
    We have most of the movie collection, (all of the common ones and a lot of the older B-rated ones) and I'm now in the process of getting DVD's to replace the ones that we have on VHS and home video. That's what hubby gets every birthday and Christmas and he's always tickled because I try to find one or two that he doesn't have, too. Of course, there's something with John Wayne's picture on it in nearly every room in the house, too.
    Anyhow, that's our John Wayne story. Glad to be here...

• I seem to have wandered upon this site thanks to my husband's (and my) interest in John Wayne. My husband got me involved about 13 years ago when we were dating. I came to his house to watch a movie we "commenced to watching a western"...John Wayne...(McLintock, I think). My mother was a western fan, so watching them wasn't anything new for me, but I was surprised that a 19 year old guy would pick out such a movie. Turns out he's a die hard fan and has since gotten me addicted, as well. Any time we can't find anything to watch on TV in goes a John Wayne movie. I can be in the kitchen listening and know exactly what's going on and what the next line will be. There are a few "old stand-by's" that we always seem to lean toward as favorites, such as Hellfighters, Chisum, The Shootist, Hitari (depending what mood were in).
    We have most of the movie collection, (all of the common ones and a lot of the older B-rated ones) and I'm now in the process of getting DVD's to replace the ones that we have on VHS and home video. That's what hubby gets every birthday and Christmas and he's always tickled because I try to find one or two that he doesn't have, too. Of course, there's something with John Wayne's picture on it in nearly every room in the house, too.
    Anyhow, that's our John Wayne story. Glad to be here...

Hi naysmith76

Great first post and a fascinating story as how you came to be interested in the great man.

WELCOME to The JWMB-
    The Original John Wayne Message Board
    where fans come to have fun!

Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies, Co-Stars- Pals Of The Saddle and Movie Locations

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Welcome to the board, naysmith76. You and your husband should have a great time looking around this forum. Plenty to see and do. Jump in anywhere and have fun.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Just wanted to thank you folks for the warm welcome. Hubby got a stash of JW movies from me today for his birthday. I like to trickle them out to him. He had one waiting for him this morning when he got up for work and got the rest when he came home.
    (Watching one now!)

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." JW

• naysmith76,

We'd like to join the others in welcoming you to the Original John Wayne Message Board, a great place to 'meet up' with John Wayne fans from all around the world! I'm sure by now you've discovered that this is a very friendly, knowledgeable bunch.

My wife and I have greatly enjoyed being here, and learning more about John Wayne than we would ever have imagined. We're sure and your husband will have a "Wayne-derful" time!

Chester :newyear: (and the Mrs. :angel1: says "Howdy" too!)