Hour of the Gun (1967)

There are 43 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 52,494 times. The latest Post () was by Colorado Bob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Shame that instead of the two who took Deforrest Kelleys and the other actors places in the movie--shame they couldnt have been both: Charles Bronson and James Coburn or even Steve McQueen.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I'll have to check this one out again (it's been YEARS), but I loathe Jason Robards...

Im not a big fan of his either but--with him in movies like: The Journey--made me change my mind on him a bit. He was good--VERY good in that movie ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Fantastic shots on here.
    Looks like it has a strong Spaghetti Western feel about it.
    As you have all these stills Bill, how do you rate the film?

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Deal me a hand at the Jason Robards is over-rated table. I mentioned in an earlier post on this movie that he played Doc like a zombie. Of course, that was after seeing Kilmer and Quaid in the '80s. If you want to see Jason at his absolute worst, watch his Brutus in Heston's "Julius Caesar". He's embalmed.
    On the plus side, John Sturges knows how to compose for the wide screen; there are loads of character actors; the script is literate; James Garner and Robert Ryan are great and Jerry Goldsmith furnished a kick ass music score.
    It's worth a watch - but only wide screen and not on an I phone.

We deal in lead, friend.

• I really enjoyed this movie and liked how it showed how things happened after the gunfight which made it a nice alternative to most Earp movies which generally show the lead up and end with the fight. I love James Garner and wish he could have gone on to make more traditional western movies than he did, had be been 10 or 15 years younger he could have been a bigger star with the likes of Duke, Fonda and Kirk Douglas although i'm aware of his Maverick success. I'm surprised to see all the criticism of Robards here, i've never really seen him in a bad role! Although he didn't play Doc as flashy as some people might like I thought he played a nice counter point to Garner's Wyatt Earp and they made a good duo, however I do agree with the assertion that he was a little too old for this part.