Major Dundee (1965)

There are 89 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 101,357 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Apache.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Oh, but what a beautiful one it is. And I think I stay pretty involved, LOL....you are living proof Kiddo. When my books are out, I will be sending you a ticket to come out here. Then you can see what a wonderful place that foothills and the Blue Ridge Mountains are. Best to see them on horseback......do you ride? If not, perhaps you can handle a four wheeler....second best way to see them if you can't hike a lot, LOL. Ly, Young 'Un, KEITH

Definitely sounds like Paradise.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thanks, that makes it a definite pre-order for me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Forgot, got your CD today and will post it on Photobucket tonight. So, you will have it tomorrow to post away, LOL. I am not going to turn the pics around now that you know how to do them......easy, huh? Well, once you know how, it is. CYA tomorrow, Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Forgot, got your CD today and will post it on Photobucket tonight. So, you will have it tomorrow to post away, LOL. I am not going to turn the pics around now that you know how to do them......easy, huh? Well, once you know how, it is. CYA tomorrow, Keith

Thank you Keith and on both accounts ;-)) Just posted earlier-a Horatio Hornblower thread that "Magically disappeared"

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Shouldn't this be available for pre-order soon, if it's supposed to have a April release date? We should also have gotten some artwork...

I really hope they won't push it back or anything. My money is lined up for this!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Twilight time announced that the two disc Dundee blu ray will go on sale on 3/15/13. The second disc will contain the original theatrical cut. No news yet about artwork or extras.

We deal in lead, friend.

• So, they don't have a pre-order option? Can you order the Twilight Time titles on Amazon as well, or just through ScreenArchives? I'm hoping Amazon is an option, because ScreenArchives usually send their stuff in padded envelopes, and this being a limited edition Blu-ray I'd prefer to have it packed a little better to ensure a safe arrival.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• The pre-ordering STARTS at 4 p.m. on March 15. The actual release date is April 9.

I always pre-order Twilight Time titles right away once they're available for pre-order as I don't want to get locked out. Actually most Twilight Time titles have not sold out, but I do think Major Dundee, if not a sell-out, will be a popular one and I want to be safe. Maybe I am a little paranoid after the recent Christine fiasco, which sold out in a matter of hours, in part due to scalpers buying 10 copies which they could then re-sell at extortionist prices on ebay. (Screen Archives finally lowered the maximum to 2 copies per person before it sold out.)

And the only place you can order Major Dundee from is Screen Archives. They are the exclusive distributer for Twilight Time's releases.

• I see, thanks. Since you've ordered their Blu-rays before, would you mind telling me if they ship their movies with padded envelopes or do they use something sturdier?

It's a good thing they've limited the amount to 2 per person, that should improve our chances of getting a copy. I'm sure Major Dundee will be a big seller due to the Peckinpah/Heston collaboration and the history of the making of this semi-classic. A must for movie-buffs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• I'm embarrassed to say this, but despite receiving numerous orders from Screen Archives, I don't remember if they ship in a padded envelope or cardboard box!

It's not official policy to limit purchases to just two copies per person. They did change the limit to two for Christine after several hours, as the limit had been 10 and people were buying multiple copies, mostly likely for re-selling on eBay.