Got a question

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,251 times. The latest Post () was by jh45gun.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Glad I found this forum I am a huge JW fan

My Question is with out watching the three movies again though I will eventually I have begun a tape collection and DVD. Every one knows JW classic quote in the Shootist:

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them.

Now I could be wrong but I thought JW used a similar line the Howard Hawks Trilogy movies in either Rio Bravo, Rio Lobo or El Dorado or was it some other movie or am I on the wrong track?

• Hi jh45gun

WELCOME to The JWMB-
    The Original John Wayne Message Board
    where fans come to have fun!

Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies, Co-Stars- Pals Of The Saddle and Movie Locations

I am sure he didn't use anything like this quote,
    but in Rio Bravo, there are siminar lines,
    are these what you were thinking of?

Rio Bravo- Memorable Quotes

These maybe the ones you refer to!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• I thought he was talking to Ricky Nelson when they were walking down the sidewalk checking out the town but like I said I could be wrong. Or it could have been one of the other movies of the three.

• During the opening of "The Shootist" there is a montage of clips from "Red River","Rio Bravo" and "El Dorado" over which John Wayne as J.B. Books speaks that line. Ron Howard (Gillom Rogers in the film) narrates the opening, descrinbing J.B. Books' early career. Hope this helps a little.

• Might be this is the one I was thinking of?

[INDENT] I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble.John Wayne
    US movie actor & director (1907 - 1979) [/INDENT]

• Might be this is the one I was thinking of?

[INDENT] I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble.John Wayne

We do have a couple of threads with loads of Duke's Quotes,
    including I am sure the one's in your link
    Duke's Quotes
    and
    Duke's Movie Quotes

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Might be this is the one I was thinking of? [INDENT] I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble.John Wayne

He never said that in any movie, however he did say it in his playboy interview.