Fan Geography

There are 111 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 35,634 times. The latest Post () was by Tbone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Where are y'all from? 10

1. Northeast (0) 0%
    2. Eastcoast (0) 0%
    3. Mountain (0) 0%
    4. Northwest (0) 0%
    5. Southeast (2) 20%
    6. Deep South (0) 0%
    7. Southwest (1) 10%
    8. Midwest (2) 20%
    9. Corn Belt (0) 0%
    10. Texas (0) 0%
    11. West Coast (0) 0%
    12. Other Country (5) 50%

Just curious where the fandome riegns from. I'm from Texas if you couldn't have guessed from the poll, and not Dallas or Austin, I'm real Texan. I guess to me JW always seemed like a Texan too. Big, Mean, Weatherd, Straight to the point, and Right (most of the time). Kinda like his old buddy Ronald Reagan.

Thats all I got, lets hear what you got.

• hi sunuva,

i come from the land down under where it storms and thunders, the land of vegimite sandwiches, australia. we are a bunch of laricans who enjoy a good puntch up and knocking back a few coldies (only kidding) we'er not all like that but we are from a varst land of many cultures. there is a great many fans of the dukes down here.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• HI SUNNOVA I'M FROM OLD BLITEY(ENGLAND) WHERE THE SUN IS ALWAYS SHINING AND IT'S ALWAYS HOT (I WISH).THE HOME OF THE QUEEN GOD BLESS HER AND THE BEATLES. :stunned:

"COME SEE A FAT OLD MAN SOMETIME"

• It seems that the poll is slightly skewed in favor of a certain country. ;) I'm from the same part of the country that Duke was originally from (Midwest, that is), though not from his state. (I guess there are some good things in Iowa!)

• Hey guys,
    I'm from south east Jersey(New Jersey). Crabbing, hunting and trapping are a way of life for some folk here. I have foxtail in my back yard. Meadow and creeks divide our townships. There is a Nuclear Power Plant along the river that is partly in my township. Alot of farming also.
    Little Duke

• Interesting poll!

You figure where I'm from and I will tell you later.

I am from the southeastern part of the U.S., but I could be considered from the deep south. I am from about 55 miles east of where The Fighting Kentuckian took place, and 80 miles west where The Green Berets was filmed. I will accept a major big city.

Cheers, Hondo B)

P.S. Chester, you can't tell either, you already know. :(

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• hi hondo,

are you from alabamma (i think thats how you spell it) i don't know towns for you but i hope i got the state right

cheers smokey :cowboy:

• Very Good, Smokey!

I am from Alabama, more like the greater Montgomery area (Prattville). The Fighting Kentuckian story took place in Demopolis, AL. in the central western part of the state, and The Green Berets was filmed in Fort Benning, Ga, just outside of Columbus, Ga. on the Georgia/Alabama border in the central part of the states.

Call it the Deep South or Southeastern states which is what it is. The Deep South is considered more from an era far gone just after the civil rights movement since before the civil war. Southern heritage still considers this the deep south today. I am not talking about the slave days or the KKK. :huh:

Let's not get into that issue, please. I do not support or endores these issues, nor do I know anything about the KKK in terms of their organization (or whatever you want to call it). :angry:

Thanks for the heads up smokey, you remember me after all :lol:

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Where we are from has been referred to as the West Coast, the Left Coast, the Land of Fruits and Nuts :headbonk: , and there are probably some who consider us a different country. Whatever it is, it does NOT appear to be among the choices in this poll.

I am a native Californian, my wife of 25 years has lived here for 27 years, and our six children (ages 23 down to 5) are all native Californians as well (the Mrs. is greatly outnumbered, but she doesn't mind!).

I must admit, we don't live in southern California, as John Wayne did, but farther north, about 65 miles south of San Francisco.

Chester :rolleyes:

• hi hondo,

who could forget you ;) just have been busy with a few personal things lately :( and have missed you when i have been on board. am going down south thursday night for a week so will have a lot of catching up to do when i get back.

chester and mrs c the state i live in we are called banana benders and i am proud to say born and lived most of my live QLD except for about 2yrs

cheers smokey

• Hey. Little Duke, we are almost neighbors! I live right below your state. I hail from Maryland, home of the blue crab and the birth of the Star Spangled Banner! Dukefan1

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Well, right now I'm dead in the center of Illinois, but grew up along the banks of the Muddy Miss. In fact, Wayne's birthplace in only a couple hours down the road from me. One of these days I'll have to get over with the family and take the tour. The Iowa Welcome Center has a pretty nice display of Wayne and his family home off I-80 in LeClaire. Give a lot of info, so I'll have to pick some up next time I stop in for us here on the board. :cowboy:

• Well it's interesting to see that 30% of the respondents of the poll indicate other countries.

I hang my hat in Atlanta Georgia, (Which is pretty close to Hondo) and was born and raised here.

- Kevin

Ps. Slugaholic86 tell us more about where you live at in Italy and how you found this site.

• Well I was born and live in Napoli, not very far from Rome. My city is famous for the Vesuvio (the volcano), the pizza (here's where it came to life :lol: ), Pompei's ruins....it's a wonderful city but as all as the big cities is full of bad people....never come here with a golden bracelet -remember! <_<

I found this site a month ago, I guess. I was searching for some Duke's infos and I got here. :)

• Ever had a chance to visit Cinecitta studios in Rome and find out about locations of Wayne's "Legend of the Lost"?
    A friend of mine visited not too long ago and swore he saw a decoration piece of "Ben-Hur" standing around.
    I stood at the gates once with a dumb face - because they weren't open when I was in Rome. :dead:

• Howdy from Texas Yall.

I'm from North Texas (about an hour north of Dallas, and 6 miles south of the Red River/ Oklahoma border)

This is a fun sight... nice to see there's so many fellow Duke fans from around the world!