Classic Western Movies- Photos by lasbugas & others

There are 97 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 110,936 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Sorry i cant get them to post properly so if some kind Admin-or Mod can fix this problem? Id greatly appreciate it ;-))

Also, I MIGHT be getting some great images from the classic British made War Movie: Battle of Britain.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Sorry i cant get them to post properly so if some kind Admin-or Mod can fix this problem? Id greatly appreciate it ;-))

Also, I MIGHT be getting some great images from the classic British made War Movie: Battle of Britain.

Carl, no problem
    I have now posted them correctly for you,
    Great pics, well done

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• These photos take me back to when I was a kid lurking about the movie theater for the box office to open. I also used to check out the stills, lobbies and posters for the upcoming titles that were posted in the lobby. Just a great time.
    If I can put in a request, I'd like to see anything from Disney's "Davy Crockett", "The Big Sky" and "The Magnificent Seven".

We deal in lead, friend.

• It's odd that everyone seemed to get top billing on the lobby cards for Virginia City (for the 1956 rerelease) over Flynn! His career wasn't exactly
    going thru the roof at that time, I guess.

• It's odd that everyone seemed to get top billing on the lobby cards for Virginia City (for the 1956 rerelease) over Flynn! His career wasn't exactly
    going thru the roof at that time, I guess.

It is odd, as of course in the original 1940 release,
    he was certainly top of the bill!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• This was my first Randolph Scott film, and what a treat it was to have Scott and Richard Boone together Boone was in top form as the not quite 100% evil bad guy. It was easy to feel sympathy for the poor choices he must have made in his life that led him down the road to this juncture. Budd Boetticher directed this film and it pulls out every stop.

It was during the filming of The Tall T that Scott told Boone of a script he had received for a Western series. Scott said he was too old and too rich to do a television series but that it might be right for Boone. Boone thought about it and called his agent and asked to test for the part. He screened well and the rest is history. Richard Boone become Paladin. Thanks, Mr Scott.

We're burning moonlight.

• Great lobby cards from "Rio Conchos". Anyone know why it was customary to hand color these black and white photos when the original images were in color? C'mon, if Richard Boone was wearing that billious green pull-over in the actual movie the audience would have found another use for those popcorn containers.

We deal in lead, friend,

• I love these photos .
    Who could scrutinize the usual format of the device for shooting these photos ?

Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
    French-English translation: poor !!!
    :blush:

• I love these photos .
    Who could scrutinize the usual format of the device for shooting these photos ?

I love the photos, too.

Nevertheless, one must protest the colour of the jacket/buckskin Beloved Boone is shown wearing. That particular shade doesn't do him justice, no matter how popular it was at the time (and it was very much the New Look and the New Colour at the time, 1964).

*goes to look at film footage* It appears to have been buckskin. Perhaps it wouldn't read well enough in buckskin? :wink_smile:My favourite bit is when all three men get their shirts off later on in the film, but I digress... :hyper:

We're burning moonlight.