Classic Western Movies- Photos by lasbugas & others

There are 97 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 110,942 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The film was shot in color, but it seems that the pictures were colored ... (in a funny way!) :sad_smile:

Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
    French-English translation: poor !!!
    :blush:

Nevertheless, one must protest the colour of the jacket/buckskin Beloved Boone is shown wearing.

The film was shot in color, but it seems that the pictures were colored ... (in a funny way!) :sad_smile:

• As far as I remember from photography classes, the only colour film available was slide film. Transparency film was expensive to print to paper. All professional photographers used black and white film, even those who were on film sites for publicity purposes.

They shot in B&W and the images were hand-coloured without being able to resort to the finished product (the film) because it wasn't yet a finished product. (Technicolor itself involved the use of a red film, a blue film and a yellow film, which were combined in processing to produce the onscreen images.) In the B&W photography notes were taken as to the colour of the items worn, hair and eye colour of the subjects of the photos...but great artistic license was taken at times.

We're burning moonlight.

• I know who has a complete set of Lobby Cards for A Distant trumpet. I was considering getting them but if not? let me know if anyone else is interested?

BTW, I just landed a near complete set (7) of lobby cards for: Vera Cruz. I THINK the only one missing is number 7.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• If one might be so intrusive as to make inquiry - Ringo, sir, what does one do with a set of lobby cards? Are they suitable for framing, or are they kept in a portfolio-type display?

Just curious...and sort of lusting for those Rio Conchos ones in spite of the bilious green jacket Richard Boone is wearing... :wink_smile:

We're burning moonlight.

• :wink_smile:

Thank you for these wonderful memories.

Who can tell me what is happened to Maria Granada?

• As far as I remember from photography classes, the only colour film available was slide film. Transparency film was expensive to print to paper. All professional photographers used black and white film, even those who were on film sites for publicity purposes.

They shot in B&W and the images were hand-coloured without being able to resort to the finished product (the film) because it wasn't yet a finished product. (Technicolor itself involved the use of a red film, a blue film and a yellow film, which were combined in processing to produce the onscreen images.) In the B&W photography notes were taken as to the colour of the items worn, hair and eye colour of the subjects of the photos...but great artistic license was taken at times.

Hi P, I thought I had long replied to this but-on the LCs and such, I just like to keep them in large mylar sleeves and take them out once in awhile to look at and enjoy--same goes for the stills and such too. My collection still has a VERY long way to go to even compare with Bills excellent collection :wink_smile:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..