White O'Morn Foundation.U.S.A.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 62 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kevin.

• White O'Morn Foundation.U.S.A.

Our Vision

The White O’Morn Foundation, U.S.A. strongly believes that White O’Morn should be and can be restored to its former charming state, and can benefit all who visit the site, as well as the local residents and economy. This is our primary vision.

The White O’Morn Foundation, U.S.A. also strongly believes that before any restoration can take place, the cottage and surrounding property must first be preserved and protected against any further deterioration and damage,and steps must be taken to ensure the cottage’s future protection and management after its restoration. It is our vision to work toward these goals, and do everything we can to ensure its success.

The White O’Morn Foundation, U.S.A. also strongly believes that to completely exclude and alienate the rightful and legal owner of White O’Morn, Mr. Gregory Ebbitt,as some wish to do, can only work to the detriment and continual delay of the restoration process. It is our goal to do everything we can to ensure that Mr. Ebbitt is neither excluded nor alienated at anytime during the restoration, preservation or protection process.

Mr. Ebbitt has expressed that he still strongly wants to see the cottage restored, and that he does not desire to sell the property to anyone (which is, of course, his right as the legal owner), and we at the White O’Morn Foundation, U.S.A. strongly support this decision.

The White O’Morn Foundation, U.S.A. also strongly supports Mr. Ebbitt’s rights as the legal owner of White O’Morn, as well as his desire to see the cottage restored and protected for future generations to enjoy.

It is our desire to do all that we can to ensure that these goals are met to the mutual satisfaction of all concerned, but with the primary recipient of our vision to always be the cottage that is loved by untold fans, White O’Morn.

Check out our web-site
      White O'Morn Foundation U.S.A.

We welcome all our members, to join us on Facebook and 'Like' us
      by clicking on the the 'Like' button.
      We look forward to your support.

White O'Morn Foundation.U.S.A.- Facebook Community
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 20 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Re: White O'Morn Foundation

I am heart goes out to you!

The main views of the cottage, in the film ...

Is it better in black and white?

Is it better in black and white?

Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
      French-English translation: poor !!!
      :blush:

The post was edited 3 times, last by Romy ().

• Re: White O'Morn Foundation.U.S.A.

Just thought I'd bump this up. I know many folks may have been away from their computers over the Christmas weekend, and may not have had the opportunity to see this. We have also opened up the Facebook page to receive posts and comments, so if you're of a mind, come on by and lend your support! The more voices that are heard, the better. We all hope that the historic cottage from the Quiet Man, White O'Morn, can be and will be saved!
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Here's an interesting YouTube Video showing a tour of the inside of the replica Quiet Man cottage in Cong, Ireland,
      [extendedmedia]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE5-xWsklGo[/extendedmedia]
      Did you spot the sad deteriorating state of Ashford Castle?

The post was edited 2 times, last by chester7777 ().

tjslawman wrote:

These are great photos...I have been there numerous times and the place is a wreck...however the Rose bushes still grow there...Be Well....The Lawman

Thanks for your first post, long time coming but go there!
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

tjslawman wrote:

These are great photos...I have been there numerous times and the place is a wreck...however the Rose bushes still grow there...Be Well....The Lawman

tjslawman,

Glad to see you finally get your feet wet, so to speak, with your first post. Now that you've posted, we can "officially" welcome you to the JWMB!

We are envious of your your travels to White O'Morn. Please tell us more about your time there, and if you have pictures, feel free to post!

Chester :newyear:

Sorry!

I misjudged the photos of the film. There is only one opening on the right of the door ...
      Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
      French-English translation: poor !!!
      :blush:

The post was edited 4 times, last by Romy ().

The Quiet Man Museum cottage also has a second floor, which the original did not have. There is a second replica Quiet Man cottage in Maam Cross as well. From what I understand, both are frequented by tourists. It is our hope at the White O'Morn Foundation, U.S.A., that the original White O'Morn, the one used in the film, can be restored to its former beauty. Of course, the original is in such a state of ruin right now, much of it will have to be rebuilt rather than restored, but part of the original is still there. Let's hope 2012 sees the restoration process starting!
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

I'm confused. Are you Ethan Edwards in the U.K.....Chester in the U.S?. Likewise is there some documentation to say that Greg Ebbitt (msp) is aboard this campaign. Not to worry, I'm just an old lady and we have so many cottage restoration sites now that I can't get them all straight.

The post was edited 1 time, last by chester7777 ().

JoonDay wrote:

I'm confused. Are you Ethan Edwards in the U.K..... in the U.S?. Likewise is there some documentation to say that Greg Ebbitt (msp) is aboard this campaign. Not to worry, I'm just an old lady and we have so many cottage restoration sites now that I can't get them all straight.

Hello June,
      Just to let you know,
      the White O'Morn Foundation, U.S.A.
      is administered by three members of this board:-
      Colorado Bob (Robert Tuttle)
      Chester7777(James Sutherlin)
      ethanedwards(Keith Law)

As far as Mr. Ebbitt is concerned, Jim is in constant contact with him,
      and will be keeping us in touch as to his progress
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 3 times, last by chester7777 ().