RIP: Members, Loved Ones, Relatives and Friends

There are 140 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 159,513 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm sad to say that this thread had missed our notice, and even more sad that so many of our members have experienced loss in the past few months. This is our first time seeing it, and we offer our most sincere sympathies to all of you who have suffered such tragic losses. Please know that we didn't neglect you purposefully, simply out of ignorance.

Our prayers are with our friends and their families as they continue to deal with the loss of loved ones.

Jim and Sue

I wasn't aware of this either and I posted a few months ago. But I did announce that my aunt passed away June 22. She was 89 years old and a strong influence in all our lives. She has been going down hill for about a year. My Aunt Mary Todd was a strong and happy lady. So seeing her go down hill was so sad. Prayers to the family especially my uncle and my cousins on the death of Aunt Todd. Thanks Jim and Sue for bringing this to my attention. And thanks to everyone for your friendship.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

ps thanks to Keith as well.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Condolences to all. Lost my Mom a year and a half ago and my Dad about 11 months before. It was Dad's time, but Mom still had spunk. They both lived with me the last six or seven years of their lives. Since I never stayed in one place long all my life, it was great to have them close. They both died here in their own beds. I still hear Mom talking to me as if she is in the living room when I am in my room. I Know...silly, but I do. I almost get up to go see what she wants until I remember! The hurt never goes away, but it lessens some. KPKEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• I am so sorry to hear this, Keith. It's a terrible thing that we all have to face throughout our lives, the loss of loved ones. My thoughts are with your daughter and his family.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Oh my goodness. So very sorry to hear, Keith. Hope you live close to your daughter so that you can give her the support she must surely need at this time. As I said before, the pain never goes completely away, but it dims with time. KPKEITH

• Keith, I am so sorry for your and your daughter's loss. That must be an empty place in your hearts after such a tragedy. Please let us take a moment to say a prayer for all involved. And understand that we are here for you.

Cheers :cool: Mike aka Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I am sad to say that my wife's mother, Joan Moore, lost her long 6 year battle with Dementia and Cancer and was put to rest today. She fought hard and was stubborn till the very end. We had moved her in with us 6 years ago and my wife was a blessing to her mother in these last troubled years. Joan had lost her husband and only love 27 years ago after 27 years of marriage and we rest assured they are finally united again. Rest in Peace, Joan. You were a great mother and always made me feel like part of your family.

Mark

• So sorry friend Mark. You and your wife are special. I took my parents in and seems as if my Dad was like your Mom-in-law. Relatives and friends seemed to find it so wonderful for me to do that for my parents. But, for me, there had never been another option. Looks as if yall felt that way too. They looked after us all our young lives, and when the table turned....should be the same way. Glad she is no longer in her type of "suspended animation" and is now the way she should be again. Still, I know how hard it is. It WILL get better....never go away, but get better.
    Time for you and your wife now to get back to living your lives and know that you did a good thing and you WERE part of her family. KP

I am sad to say that my wife's mother, Joan Moore, lost her long 6 year battle with Dementia and Cancer and was put to rest today. She fought hard and was stubborn till the very end. We had moved her in with us 6 years ago and my wife was a blessing to her mother in these last troubled years. Joan had lost her husband and only love 27 years ago after 27 years of marriage and we rest assured they are finally united again. Rest in Peace, Joan. You were a great mother and always made me feel like part of your family.

Mark

• We felt the same way you did, KPKeith. She needed the care and my wife was able to give her the full time care she needed. She will miss her Mother, but considers it a blessing that she is finally out of that hell that is alzheimer's.

Thank you, Keith. It's a tough time we all have to endure sometime in our lives.

Mark

• Sorry, I haven't been around lately. My next door neighbor has passed away a couple of weeks ago after a lenghty illness over the past 18 months. She had a wonderful life of almost 93 years, but she was ready to go home. She had no children, so her nephew and nieces are settling on her affairs, and I have been helping out.

I've known her for almost 40 years, so in seeing her passing is somewhat bitter sweet. And though she is much more better off, she will be missed. He husband died 11 years ago. I have been helping her out, mostly in her yard for that long.

So, hopefully the family will be finished with settling her business and we can move on. RIP Kathy Mooney.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• Kathy Mooney, Look down and be thankful for folks like Mike. Heck, I am sure you are already! KPKEITH

• Sarge Bill has passed away. The Sarge and I were roommates for about 5 & 1/2 years. He went in his sleep late Friday early Saturday. We have lost another Veteran.

Sarge has several distinctions:

He served in the 1st and 3rd battalions of the 7th Cavalry korea and Germany, as well as in the first four Armored Divisions and was at the time, given an ArCom for being the soldier who spent the most time on the DMX in Korea, as well as was the first line of defense on some river in Germany back during the Cold War days--who was with one Platoon, those who faced off against no less than 50 Russian tanks. This happened because of some stupid political crisis that happened. He was also in the area when the famed Ax Murders (the: Tree Incident) happened in Korea.

Sarge's Father served in a Tank Destroyer unit in WWII, and his Uncle was in the 101st Airborne who was killed in action on Christmas day at Bastogne-thanks to one of many tank attacks ordered by Gen Heinrich von Luttwitz & Meinrad von Lauchert.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• If you are not familiar with the Ax Murders in Korea this has most of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident

• Karl, when was he in Korea?