RIP: Members, Loved Ones, Relatives and Friends

There are 140 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 160,520 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• i really had a very bad day. it has been like a monday.
    anyway if i did not post my mom passedaway
    on april 22 2013. she was cremate as my dad was
    we have them both in a dual er so we are taking them
    to bury them in Lincoln, Ks very soon.:cry_smile:
    it has been a really bad day ny pc montor went out and now everything is messed up.
    i always stay loged in and when i go to send a private message or email i get errors.
    then my postoffice says i have to move my mail box in 10 days to a spot close to the
    road and my dad put it in with cemente. it is move like a monday.
    anyway my brother and i are taking my folks to lincoln,ks to burry them they both cremated.:cry2:
    lindaj48

• A very sad weekend here in my hometown. Two prominent people in the community passed away early Saturday morning. They lived a full life but so sad to see these men pass.

One is Jim Striplin a local hometown bank president who was instrumental in bringing Prattville into what it is today. He helped start the local YMCA which is one of the biggest in the country for a community this size, a major paper mill which is one of the biggest manufactory in the state, a country club and very important figure for his church.

James Crosby grew up in Prattville and was very important as well in the community. He ran the cotton mill which was one of the largest in the world and help to community with his contributions to his hometown. He was very involved in getting sports into the community and an avid fan.

Both of these men lived a full life and passed in their 80's. A sad day for our community but we celebrate their lives and what they did for Prattville.

Thanks for letting me share. I happen to know these men personally and were my family's friends.

Cheers :cool: Mike aka Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I am so sorry for your loss. It is a very difficult time to go through, but you will make it. I lost my father a few years ago and still miss him so much, but I always remember the great times we had together and that tempers the loss. Stay strong and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi Ringo, I recently watched an episode from, I THINK, Law and Order, when one of their own was killed. It was said, "We always say, I promise you we will catch the guy who did this. That doesn't do a thing to help them. From now on, I will never say that to a bereaved family member again"............something of the sort. Well, "Sorry for your loss", "May they rest in peace", etc. are all phrases that are similar. But, what DO you say to help? Nothing said really helps at all. It is the fact that the person recognized your loss and sent a verbal SOMETHING your way. Most of us are not close enough to others to give them a hug at times like this. I have lost both of my parents in the last 4 years.........11 months apart. I can, as many others here can, feel your loss. And I am sorry for that. Your father is no doubt happy to be free of his cancer. Try to remember all the wonderful times you had each day..........the pain DOES dull gradually.

Mark, (DukeFan1) has the right idea. He usually does know just the right thing to say. Thinking of you, KEITH

my father passed away saturday morning.he died from cancer,he will be missed

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• so very true. so sorry for you lose. i know what you are going throug i lost my mom this year and
    a very dear cousin to bone cancer aleast he is no longer in pain.
    everyone needs words at times like this to help them through.

After seeing the post made by Eric regarding the passing of his father,
    I felt it more fitting that we should have a dedicated thread
    for Members, Loved Ones, Relatives and Friends.

• you are so right all we can do is say that they are out of pain. my cousin who passedaway from bone cancer in oct
    called me two months before and said he wanted to say goodbye, even throug he was in alot of pain he was
    worried about my help he was a very sweet caring cousin and way to young. i watched my younger sister die
    of cancer for two yrs it was so said to see her like that. it is a pain no one should have to go throug. and
    i watch my dad pass away in 2009 and my mom this yr in april. i have seen to many of my family dieing
    and nothing really helps but good friends being there for you.

Hi Ringo, I recently watched an episode from, I THINK, Law and Order, when one of their own was killed. It was said, "We always say, I promise you we will catch the guy who did this. That doesn't do a thing to help them. From now on, I will never say that to a bereaved family member again"............something of the sort. Well, "Sorry for your loss", "May they rest in peace", etc. are all phrases that are similar. But, what DO you say to help? Nothing said really helps at all. It is the fact that the person recognized your loss and sent a verbal SOMETHING your way. Most of us are not close enough to others to give them a hug at times like this. I have lost both of my parents in the last 4 years.........11 months apart. I can, as many others here can, feel your loss. And I am sorry for that. Your father is no doubt happy to be free of his cancer. Try to remember all the wonderful times you had each day..........the pain DOES dull gradually.

Mark, (DukeFan1) has the right idea. He usually does know just the right thing to say. Thinking of you, KEITH

• to all who have lost loved ones in the past few years , my thoughts are with you know the pain we just have to work through it and come out the other side as our loved ones would want us to remember them clay feet and all being the best that they could be

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• to all who have lost loved ones in the past few years , my thoughts are with you know the pain we just have to work through it and come out the other side as our loved ones would want us to remember them clay feet and all being the best that they could be

My daughter cried at her brothers wedding on November 23rd, I asked why she was crying she said it was for her grandma because she should have been there but she passed away in April

• This year the Duke´s birthday will be the sadest and hardest day of my life! My wife Valentina, I loved so much, died from cancer one week ago and we will have the official ceremony for her on Monday, May 26th.... After the ceremony her body will be given to the flames and the ashes will be buried one week later.
    I like to tell You, that we need much, much more research how to cure cancer!!! - Cancer can hit EVERYBODY and can come very unexpected! Valentina always was a strong little woman who worked hard, never ill and never had to go to Hospital. Before I brought her to Hospital she had some problems with her stomach for about two weeks. She thought this came from stress in the Company where she worked. In Hospital they said it was a very agressive kind of skin cancer, but to the inside of the body and it was on her leaver! My wife stayed in Hospital for seven weeks and after that seven weeks she died there at the Age of 46. It was so hard to see her getting weaker and weaker over that period of time. In the end she had three cruel days as she suffered from pain and her belly was swollen like being pregnant. Nobody should die that way, and I wish nobody will see the person he loves most in life die that way....
    Valentina never smoked, never drank alcohol, she loved her life and all animals, she liked to travel and see the world, was interested in culture, history and good movies, she did not want to go at that young age and she did not want to leave me in this world alone.... It is now 35 years after the Duke died from cancer and we still have no cure for this and it still kills people of all races and ages, even children.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."