I was shot by the Duke

There are 43 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 20,312 times. The latest Post () was by josephculliton.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Keith:

Thank you very much for the thread on 'True Grit'. It was most enlightening. I definitely heard Duke make that remark: 'What Judy Garland's little girl could have done with that part'.

Since there's no evidence that Liza Minnelli was ever in the running for the role, it seems likely that Duke formed this opinion in hindsight. 'Cahill' was filmed in the fall and early winter of 1972, which was the same year 'Cabaret' was released. Obviously, Duke had a high opinion of Liza Minnelli's acting talent.

Joe

• Keith:

Since there's no evidence that Liza Minnelli was ever in the running for the role, it seems likely that Duke formed this opinion in hindsight. 'Cahill' was filmed in the fall and early winter of 1972, which was the same year 'Cabaret' was released. Obviously, Duke had a high opinion of Liza Minnelli's acting talent.

Joe

Good point Joe, and thanks for the extra information,
    that's more than likely what happened

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Joseph,
    Any memories of Dan Vadis who played one of the bad guys in "Cahil". I understand he was quite a character and wonder how he got on with the Duke. Thank you.

• I remember seeing Dan Vadis' name on the call-sheet. But he wasn't in the scene that I did. The outlaws in that opening sequence were played by Scott Walker, Rayford Barnes, Dan Kemp, Jerry Gatlin and myself.

Scott Walker came directly from filming a role in 'High Plains Drifter'. He spoke very enthusiastically about working for Clint Eastwood and had high hopes for the film. I know Dan Vadis was also in both 'Cahill' and 'High Plains Drifter'.

Jerry Gatlin has the very first line in the film. He was a stunt man on 'Cahill'. Gatlin also did a day's work on 'Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid'.