Honeymoon in Monument Valley, Utah

There are 55 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 27,295 times. The latest Post () was by Dooley.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi all,
    just wanted to share that last week I fulfilled a childhood dream of visiting Monument Valley. I managed to convince my now wife that after being married in Las Vegas last week we would drive to Monument Valley for our honeymoon.
    It truly was as magical as I hoped it would be and even though we were there for 5 days it never stopped taking my breath away every morning.
    Mustang trekking around the Mittens etc with a local guide was simply awe inspiring, I have never taken so many photographs in my life!
    I was so inspired by the place that I set my alarm for 4am, much to my wife's dismay, to set up timelapse photography of the sunrise; every morning!
    If you haven't been and you have a nostalgic affinity with the place through The Duke's films I cannot recommend going enough.
    Back in the UK now, wishing I was still there!
    All the best to all on the forum.
    Regards,
    Peter

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Thanks Chester.

We watched The Searchers the day before leaving the UK so we were well set up. My wife is thankfully quite taken by The Duke having been subjected to many evenings of his films since we have been together. Photos to follow.

• Not sure how to upload the images properly as thumbnails really don't do the shots justice.
    I followed the instructions on the FAQs but know there's a way to get them bigger.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Regards,
    Peter

• Not sure how to upload the images properly as thumbnails really don't do the shots justice.
    I followed the instructions on the FAQs but know there's a way to get them bigger.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Regards,
    Peter

The one way is to upload them to a host, such as Photobucket,
    and to obtain an URL which you can then paste into the Images box
    on your posts.
    This is the way I place my images onto the forum.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Congrats to you and the Mrs. on your recent wedding, Dooley. I'm with the rest of the gang here anxiously waiting for some pics of Monument Valley, especially those sunrises. I am sure it took your breath away.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• DOOLEY, THIS IS FOR YOU NOW THAT YOU HAVE JUST BEEN THERE ! BECAUSE I LIVE JUST 100 MILES SOUTH OF MONUMENT VALLEY I HAVE BEEN THERE MANY TIMES IN THE PAST !!
    :jump:
    IF YOU CLICK BELOW IT WILL TAKE YOU ON A LITTLE TRIP TO MONUMENT VALLEY BY JET AIRCRAFT !!! :angel:
    CHILIBILL :cowboy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8BQynEBeRM

Wow! Thanks so much for this. We managed a Heli trip through the Grand Canyon so a Monument Valley one is something else!

• The one way is to upload them to a host, such as Photobucket,
    and to obtain an URL which you can then paste into the Images box
    on your posts.
    This is the way I place my images onto the forum.

Thanks so much Keith, I've signed up now and will be testing the water with a few images to see how it goes!

• Thanks Ringo Kid!

I'll be loading some more from different viewpoints later.

Regards, Peter (Dooley)

Dooley,
    as you can see I am copying your fantastic photos
    to our dedicated thread.
    Perhaps when you post them, you could do that for us,
    post them here and on the Location thread.
    Thanks in anticipation

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England