Pinned John Wayne's Birth Certificate

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 40 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kcat.

• John Wayne's Birth Certificate

Hello Everyone

Does anyone have a copy of JW birth certificate Please? I would like to know how to get as copy if anyone can let me know.

thanks Elly

[LEFT][SIZE=1][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [B][B]Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind[/B][/B]

• Re: John Wayne's birth certificate

Elly,

The question you should ask is did he have a birth certificate? His family was not well off and they were from the midwest, and most of the births back in the 1900's sometimes didn't give any birth certificate to new borns. My father who was born in 1932 did not have one. And I am not saying he didn't, but it is possible that he didn't have one. And I'd bet that his family would have it if he did.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote

Hondo Duke Lane wrote:

Elly,

The question you should ask is did he have a birth certificate? His family was not well off and they were from the midwest, and most of the births back in the 1900's sometimes didn't give any birth certificate to new borns. My father who was born in 1932 did not have one. And I am not saying he didn't, but it is possible that he didn't have one. And I'd bet that his family would have it if he did.

Well if he did not have a birth certificate then I want a refund on every book I ever bought (just about most of them) that says "According to John Wayne's birth certificate"

I am hoping that his birth would have to be recorded and that a copy of that might be deemed to be a "birth certificate"?

And I am also hoping I win the lottery tonight LOL

Elly

[B][B]Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind[/B][/B]

Actually, he did have a birth certificate. A copy of it is on display at the John Wayne Birthplace Museum. As a side note, his birth certificate records his name, at birth, as Marion Robert Morrison.
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

That answers that question. I am sure that I knew that answer but was not sure. I did hear "according to his birth certificate" in some of accounts that I have read. I bet you can get a copy online.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote

I just knew I would find the answer here.

Thank you so much

Elly

ethanedwards wrote:

Great stuff everybody, what a great team you are!

Well now a thought occured to me , as they do LOL

Folks keep telling me I should publish a book, something I have no interest in doing.

However,

This great team could, if they wanted to, publish the most ACCURATE and COMPREHENSIVE book about John Wayne.

I will happily contribute

Elly

chester7777 wrote:

Elly,
      Can you trust this Birth Certificate is real, and not a forgery? There seems to be many fake ones out there these days. (-;

Chester :newyear:

I trust the source

Elly

Colorado Bob wrote:

Actually, he did have a birth certificate. A copy of it is on display at the John Wayne Birthplace Museum. As a side note, his birth certificate records his name, at birth, as Marion Robert Morrison.

Do you know what time of day or night he was born? I've been wondering for years! Thanks!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kcat ().