Country & Western Music on YouTube

There are 25 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 19,526 times. The latest Post () was by Hawkswill.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hey Jim,
    perhaps you can do a Tiny Tim look-a-like as well as Duke!!

Keith (Ethan Edwards), In this video of George Harrison, the stage background is a very distinctive paint job. Just out of curiosity, you being a music buff, and performer, is this location still there? And, possibly, a historical music location, as in, did the Beatles play there ?

Chester :newyear:

• Well,I live right smack dab in one of the biggest Bluegrass capitals of the world. I have never heard that type of rendition of Cotton Eyed Joe, but I bet the men watching sure enjoyed it, LOL. Nope never heard of them. This is the way I first heard it and most of the bands around here play it more like this but with a long banjo part.
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Hi Keith, I can only remember a few, and he didn't sing a whole song in but one, I think. Suppose I could though if no one else does. I have NEVER started a thread, LOL. Guess it is not a big deal, but it scares me a bit! No one ever comments on my Ken Curtis songs except for Sue and Jim....I was surprised at that. . KPKEITH

Hi react to you know!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Well, this in an old film of my good friend, Comer Moon Mullins. Quite a story behind this man. But, he took Merle Travis' two finger and thumb picking style and added two more fingers! He has played all over and has been world champion thumb and finger style picker four times.....the last was the champion of champions event. This is an old Merle song that most folks think Moon plays better than Merle. He has what is called a "heavy thumb" and some special licks in this song. When I had him come visit my Mom and me, all the NC famous thumb and finger pickers were floored that I knew him,LOL. I invited anyone who wanted to come and I cooked about $300 worth of seafood on the grill. They played for over four hours. Sometimes they would have Moon play the same lick again and again. Finally someone asked him, "Moon, would you play Nine Pound Hammer? I think you play it better than Merle!" Well, he had to play that one lick about 20 times over. Almost all of them finally got it. If you see something called THE COOK SHACK.....it is about 5 miles from my house. You couldn't imagine the famous people who have played in that tinylittle place, LOL. Every Saturday morning there is a Jam, and you never know who will be there. Here is Moon a good while ago. [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Keith might enjoy this picking....

• OK, promise last for me tonight, LOL. Couldn't resist with all the Tiptoe Tulips inferences. This is my friend Moon again just a few months ago at the Cook Shack 5 miles down the street from my house. Clay and his group had him as a guest player, remember he's in his late 70s. I had told him about Tiny Tim before, (he had never known about it), so he puts a little of him in the song. But, Jim, if you can play it THIS way....don't think ANYONE will laugh at you, LOL!. Also, you will see me in the front row near the end. I am wearing a maroon shirt with a blue Navy ball cap and glasses, sort of a small person. You will see,I just can't sit still when someone is playing good music! In some of the others, you see more of me, and I actually sing a song with an unbelieveable 90 year old broadcaster. Here she comes. [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]