Country & Western Music on YouTube

There are 25 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 19,529 times. The latest Post () was by Hawkswill.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I remembered seeing part of the made for TV version years ago with county music's Highwaymen and couldn't resist buying a VHS of it about a year ago. Good thing those guys could sing

I enjoy Country and Western music, and was just looking for old "Grand Ole Opry" on YouTube, and for any of you Brits who like C+W also, you might find this British YouTube ad interesting,
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Try again.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Ken Curtis sings "Tumbling Tumbleweeds"
    Live From Germany 1986

He was 70 years old...hard to believe. Gives me chill bumps every time!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Keith,

Thanks so much for sharing this video, also - Another Gem, just bought a Ukulele today, starting to make my move into the music industry ! :wink_smile:
    Hopefully by the time I'm 70, I may have figured out how to play it !
    Chester :newyear:

Hang on Jim, need to get worried?

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• My first instrument....think I was 8. Mom and Dad bought me a plastic one...told me I had to prove I was really going to learn it before I got wood. Well, less than a year later, under the Christmas tree was a brand new BARITONE uke, closer to a guitar size. First guitar around 12 and been playing it ever since. The ukelele is VERY easy...chords are simple and you don't have so much trouble manipulating your fingers to reach them. Get a good book and just learn a few simple songs with only two or three chords each. Play and sing them a lot so you get used to changing chords rapidly. Then, you will be off. Friends of mine are Hawaiian and used to live in the States. Kam was a fire and knife dancer, and Lale taught hula dancing and had a band. She STILL plays the uke in the band some. They are back in the islands now. Kam is too old for the fire and knife dances....they are really very dangerous. I remember one performance where he cut himself badly but finished it on stage without even dropping the knife.....boy, was he a mess when he came backstage!
    Lale still teaches and performs. Heh, Sue, you may be famous one day.....just don't take the Tiny Tim route, LOL, KPKEITH You should be able to play it the very first day.

Keith,

Thanks so much for sharing this video, also - Another Gem, just bought a Ukulele today, starting to make my move into the music industry ! :wink_smile:
    Hopefully by the time I'm 70, I may have figured out how to play it !

• Hang on Jim, need to get worried?

I Don't think you have to worry. :wink_smile:

Heh, Sue, you may be famous one day.....just don't take the Tiny Tim route, LOL, KPKEITH You should be able to play it the very first day.

It's Chester who is attempting the Uke, but if I get famous, I guess she would be also.

• JIM WORK HARD ON THAT NEW GIT-FIDDLE OF YOURS AND THE NEXT TIME YOU COME TO THE 26 BAR RANCH YOU CAN PLAY US A SONG ON DUKE'S OLD "GOYA GUITAR", ONE OF FEW LEFT FROM WHEN DUKE WAS "SINGING SANDY" BACK IN THE 1930S !!! (bud)
    I HAVE BEEN PLAYING ON THAT OLD "GOYA" OFF AND ON NOW FOR ABOUT 30 YEARS NOW AND STILL CAN PLAY ONLY TWO SONGS DUKE'S FAVORITE MEXICAN LOVE SONG, "MALAGUENA SALEROSA" AND ROY AND DALE'S
    "BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN " !!! :horse: YAW-HOOOOO
    BILL :cowboy:

• Heaven forbid. Keith, shame on you. Sue would just DIE of embarrassment, LOL................Jim, try more for the Ken Curtis songs. Actually Duke DID really sing a song or two in later years...one was in True Grit or Rooster...that is an idea. Just don't get drunk to sing it, LOL! KPKEITH

• Heaven forbid. Keith, shame on you. Sue would just DIE of embarrassment, LOL................Jim, try more for the Ken Curtis songs. Actually Duke DID really sing a song or two in later years...one was in True Grit or Rooster...that is an idea. Just don't get drunk to sing it, LOL! KPKEITH

Jim could be good if he had a nose job.

Keith, I don't think we've had a thread of
    Which Movies did Duke Sing?

Perhaps you would like to start one?

However Duke's Lone Star movies would not count, as he mimed!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Keith, I can only remember a few, and he didn't sing a whole song in but one, I think. Suppose I could though if no one else does. I have NEVER started a thread, LOL. Guess it is not a big deal, but it scares me a bit! No one ever comments on my Ken Curtis songs except for Sue and Jim....I was surprised at that. Guess everyone has already heard them. On the other places I posted them, I got tons of comments. This board just knows their subjects too well.

Well, I have all the Dean Martin tapes and Duke was a visitor a few times. This is NOT what we are talking about, but he actually DOES sing at the very last........GREAT lip sinker! Seeing it also reminded me of something MOST important to me. Have to research the Johnny Carson show. KPKEITH
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• LOL, Jim....I was going back to "FIX" your YOU TUBE for you, but looks as if Sue has already gotten there. Yep, I LOVE to watch Duke mingle with other stars on TV shows. You get to see him in a whole different light. I am pretty sure he was in Dino's "closet" one night when he opened the door! KPKEITH