'Ole Nine Iron'

There are 23 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 14,089 times. The latest Post () was by Hawkswill.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Life, Keith...I'm living with my sister and her husband, as he has demetia. My sister and I both have health issues that kep us on a first name basis with our doctor's tax accountant!

Add 4 grandkids (my sister's) living 300 feet away, always needing taxi service, and you have the sitcom called "Russ' World!"

BTW...be praying that my SSI gets approved at my hearing on November 27th...I haven't swung a club in 5 years, and I REALLY miss playing golf...as mediocre as it was/is!

• Life, Keith...I'm living with my sister and her husband, as he has demetia. My sister and I both have health issues that kep us on a first name basis with our doctor's tax accountant!

Add 4 grandkids (my sister's) living 300 feet away, always needing taxi service, and you have the sitcom called "Russ' World!"

BTW...be praying that my SSI gets approved at my hearing on November 27th...I haven't swung a club in 5 years, and I REALLY miss playing golf...as mediocre as it was/is!

Well Russ....what happened to your computer, I forgot....also your wife was going to show me how to flip the icons....where is she? SORRY personal stuff!

I could send you the Hatari track, but not to the Library computer. You have a friend who would like a copy on his computer and you could listen to it there? Also, the library SHOULD have a copy!

Can't wait until Gordon's Oklahoma and Carousel are re-released. I will want them right away. Such fond memories surround those movies and seeing Gordon on stage in Atlanta. You know, I really wished I could have known him after he quit drinking. He was always fine in the day. But, if I picked him up at the hotel to play golf...he was a BEAR for a while...looked awful too. Then, almost as if someone applied makeup to him, there was the Gordon I grew to love.....in the friend sense.....not to say I wouldn't have taken it further probably, LOL! He never had a drink at the turn at lunch.....almost as if he considered his golf "sacred" at the time.....don't know how he did when he got much worse before he finally quit. But, those years I knew him, he never had a drink until we came in after 18 or 27 holes.....then in he would start. Don't think he stopped until he passed out most of the times.....don't know...wasn't there, LOL! He would Hum a lot on the course while we played but rarely sang. When he DID sing though, they could hear him three holes over! Man did NOT need a mike!
    I was careful....didn't ask too much, but sometimes I would ask him to sing one of my favorites......only had four that were my top ones....My Boy Bill, Oklahoma, Oh What a Beautiful Morning, and Poor Jud is Daid, LOL. Every once in a while he would say, OK, but NOT JUD! You know, Russ, not once did he ever refuse me....not ONCE! Now, on the way BACK to the hotel from the course was a different matter. If he was in the right mood, he would sing just one song after the other. And usually the windows were open........the LOOKS we got! People would hear his voice, (he was still very well known then), and start looking around to see who had their radio blasting....ready to give me what for. When they saw his face in my window, well.....their mouths would drop open.....oh, the funny things that happened. Sorry, I did it again. For me, Gordon was one of the very few men I have known that had that special charisma. That shock of hair, his voice, his ear splitting smile, his jokes, just GORDON.
    And for him to take a young 16 to 19 year old girl like me as a FRIEND, and call every time he came to Atlanta to play....once in a while call when he had had a few too many from another city. Well, I WAS a pretty dang good golfer and he loved his free lessons, (he was good also), and I DID have a nice convertible and knew my way all over Atlanta and knew all the pros so we never had to pay for anything anywhere, LOL. But you know, Russ, he really LIKED me too........called me his second Meredith! Once, I picked him up really early from the hotel, (worst I had ever seen him), but by the time we got to my school, he looked fine...don't know how he did it....Vitamin B12 shots....whatever, anyway he dropped me off and headed for a course he knew the route to. When he picked me up that afternoon, there were tons of girls outside going to their cars and up drives Gordon in my white mustang with the top down and his hair flying. My, you would have thought the Lord had descended from Heaven. The whole car was swamped, and it took us over an hour to get out of the parking lot....private school......girls knew the older good singers! You can bet we never did THAT again. OK, enough. Find somewhere I can send you the Hatari score....need a computer you can access...not the library...but first check and see if they have the new one.......I am told it has a lot more Mancini than the first.

And, You could comment on the Group Watch on other things also if you have seen Hatari. This one is mine....need more people in it, LOL. Don't be a stranger Russ. You are my musical EXPERT, and I miss your other posts also! HAGO, Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE