Sketch Prizes

There are 57 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 56,477 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This is a place where all prizes for Group Watch, Picture Game, or any others that may come up can be placed. Some of the games will allow folks to choose the prize they want.

It will also note the winners of each game and what they chose. The sketches are original unless they have been won and mailed off, LOL. In that case, you can still choose one, but it will be a scanned and printed sketch copy and will be signed.

Sketches are mine only so far. Haven't sketched much in about 30 years, so they should be getting MUCH better very soon. I am including some buildings and nautical scenes just to show that I can do a western town, if you like, etc. Also, I LOVE to do Gear type sketches......saddles,lariats, spurs, rifles, pistol belt, etc. And my friend has one of the largest Tack stores in the US.....so I have that to be able to go and "set up" a gear scene.

If anyone would like to DONATE any sketches or anything else for prizes, please contact me. Would LOVE to have other things, and will save me a lot of drawing time. Realize, I said DONATE, LOL!

Happy game playing! Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Some sketches are at the bottom of the page in case something is wanted to be added, so scroll down.

THIS SKETCH WAS WON BY DUKEFAN1 IN A CONTEST IN THE GROUP WATCH FOR TALL IN THE SADDLE.

FESTUS HAGGEN OF GUNSMOKE SCROLL DOWN, PLEASE

ROCKLIN TALL IN THE SADDLE

SO FAR, ANY ANIMAL YOU CHOOSE, BUT ON PAPER.....WOODBURNINGS ARE NOT FREE, LOL

COLE THORNTON RIDES ZIP COCHISE UP THE HILL TO FIND OUT WHO SHOT AT HIM AND HE SHOT BACK. THIS IS PROBABLY THE SMALLEST HORSE DUKE EVERY RODE IN A MOVIE EL DORADO

COLE REACHES THE "MAN" HE GUT SHOT. HE WAS A TEENAGER AND ASKED COLE TO PLEASE NOT SHOOT HIM AGAIN. COLE LOOKED AT HIS GUN AND BARELY CHOKED OUT,
    "I WON'T". EL DORADO

JB BOOKS STARING DOWN COBB THE SHOOTIST

EL DORADO NEAR THE END COLE STILL HAS PARTIAL PARALYSIS IN HIS HAND. HMMM, JUST RELOOKED AT THIS....FACE NEEDS WORK. FEW MORE LINES WILL MAKE HIM DUKE, LOL!

OK, THE REST ARE SKETCHES THAT WILL SHOW YOU OTHER IDEAS. YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR CHOICE TO WESTERNS. FIRST SHOWS A PLACE I USED TO GO TO WITH MY BOAT..IN FACT I SKETCHED IT FROM MY BOAT, "THE WHAT NEXT".

KENT RIDLEY TURTLES (CALLED THEM LOGGER HEADS FOR SALES OF NOTECARDS BECAUSE THEY WERE RELEASING SOME BABIES AT TREASURE ISLAND IN FLORIDA, LOL).

SKETCHED WHILE EATING BREAKFAST IN THE BREAKFAST NOOK AT MY GRANDPARENTS' HOUSE CALLED GRENOKE. ELBERTON, GA LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW DOWN THE LAWN AND DRIVEWAY TO THE STREET.

WATER DAMAGED. BUT THIS IS HOW YOU SKETCH IDEAS FOR A DRAWING WHILE EATING LUNCH AT THE RESTAURANT ACROSS THE WAY AND YOU FORGOT YOUR CAMERA, LOL. THIS WILL BE A SKETCH OF JOHN'S PASS ON MADIERA BEACH, FL ONCE I PUT IT ALL TOGETHER.

PORPOISES AND BABY. IF MOTHER LEAVES ITS SIDE, ANOTHER PORPOISE WILL COME TO BABYSIT. PODS OF THEM USED TO COME TO MY BOAT 20 MILES OFFSHORE AND LET ME PLAY WITH THEM. THEY ALWAYS KEPT THE BABIES ABOUT 6 FEET AWAY FROM MY REACHING HAND, BUT THE REST WOULD LET ME TOUCH THEM.....WILD PORPOISES!

BLUE HERON IN POND CAUGHT BY THE DUNES OFF LONGBOAT KEY, FL VERY SIMPLE SKETCH BUT GETS THE POINT ACROSS.

WOODBURNINGS, SOME ON DRIFTWOOD, SOLD TO GIFT SHOP ON TREASURE ISLAND, FL ONE OF MY BEST SHOP'S TO SELL TO. THE BURNINGS SEEMED TO "FLY" OUT OF THERE, LOL!

SO, THIS SHOULD GIVE YOU SOME IDEA OF WHAT YOU CAN CHOOSE AS YOUR PRIZE. JUST LET ME KNOW. IF YOU HAVE A CERTAIN PICTURE, SCAN IT AT HIGH RESOLUTION AND SEND IT ON. KEITH

• NEW SKETCH

I DON'T THINK AN EXPLANATION IS NEEDED FOR THIS ONE, BUT I DO SEE THAT I NEED TO CLEAN IT UP A LITTLE....TOMORROW, IT IS LATE!
    'T THINK THERE IS ANY EXPLANATION NEEDED FOR THIS, LOL!

• Hey Keith, you've got a really good hand. There are some great images in here, my fave strangely is Johns pass at Madeira beach, love the inset details.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Hey Keith, you've got a really good hand. There are some great images in here, my fave strangely is Johns pass at Madeira beach, love the inset details.

LOL, thanks P. That was just a note page, had to borrow a piece of paper and pencil from the waiter. Forgot my camera that day. I have the finished sketch of John's Pass somewhere....well a copy, I sold the sketch.
    Do you have the music from Ft. Apache. Put the movie on yesterday while I was writing and never realized how much I LOVE the soundtrack!

You getting ready for bed? Did you do anything on the Group Watch?

HAGO, KP OH, Tommy chose True Grit and wants to look at Ft. Apache. It is after Thursday insulted Cochise and upset the heck out off York and Collingwood. It isn't finished, but I believe he will choose it also......should be done with it tonight. Have to send those things to the UK, LOL!

• Looking good Keith I think its the nose area that needs attention but otherwise its a good un, wish I could do it I can only build websites, have you got a site for your wood-burning and sketches.

• Looking good Keith I think its the nose area that needs attention but otherwise its a good un, wish I could do it I can only build websites, have you got a site for your wood-burning and sketches.

Mornin' Tommy,
    Nope, no site yet....just started up again. But, I think I am going to try doing this to make money, (used to 30 some odd years ago). I built the a site for my Kitty Furniture business starting 10 years ago......it is an ongoing process, LOL. It is pretty involved although VERY different. I have gotten many compliments because it was so different and have built sites for other folks and taught them to run them.

I had one friend who wanted one similar. I worked on it for about a week changing things here and there, (people don't realize the time involved). I also designed him a rather unique looking logo which he has gotten a great many comments on. Here is his site if you would like to see it:
    Reaviswelding.com Hmmm, I see he has been adding things. I need to go in and fix a few things and also make the pictures he has added where they will enlarge when clicked upon. There are pictures of me on the Friends and Family page and on the About US page. He has a 200 or so person Barbecue with non stop blue grass and country bands every November. I take the pics for it and put them up. We usually leave them up for a month or so. We will be taking and putting up new ones next month. Oh, I wrote a lot of the text for this. If you find some "country sounding type text" that is something Donnie wrote, LOL.

Send me some websites you have built. I will fix Hank after answering my emails. HAGO, Keith

• Hey Keith they look right friendly people and a big B/Q, soon be November 1st for the next one. I have only built my own two sites that's enough for me with having to re-host it takes time, my first site I built up took me quite awhile to do, just got it up and running then we changed servers and we have changed three times altogether and the one we are on now does not give much web-space, so I hunt down the free web-space sites, maybe I'm a miser and like to hang onto my money. My son came up with the idea of using cameras on a map of Cong for The Quiet-Man Trail on my first site, I numbered the cameras then visitors just click on the cameras for the movie locations after they have visited all the locations on the map there is an arrow pointing out of Cong and they just have to click the arrow for the other locations all the photos are what I took myself when my wife took me to Cong for my 60th birthday.

• I was asked to do a large composite of Duke's last and what I consider his finest performance for us. The fellah chose the photos he wanted the sketches from. I have done a few just trying to get used to sketching Duke lying down, plus his clothes are so similar in color, it is hard to tell where one thing stops and another starts. I will probably do most of these over, but you can have an idea what it will be like.

Has anyone ever noticed what the last shot of JB had right in the MIDDLE of the background........eerie, first time I ever noticed it.

Also, Duke and Pappy always teased Ward about his ample backside and Duke was going to sneak Ward into a pic with a Rhino's and Ward's backs together, (Ward died before he could go down to do the scheduled Cameo for Hatari). Duke always thought that HIS legs were like tree trunks. But, the last scenes of Duke have his backside right in the camera "face" on. Bet Ward got a kick out of that......laughs they must have had in 1979!

First is JB turning to face the backshooter, (Third Eye), he makes it, but can't raise his gun. Nose looks strange because it is up against the floor.

Next is Gillum turning JB back so he can reach the gun. I know..face is all wrong....These are practices, LOL.

Gillum pushes JB's hand off gun and takes it.

JB smiles his last crooked grin forever for Gillum and Duke does for US.

• These really are very good Keith.
    The group watch has been a blessing in disguise as we wouldn't have seen your drawing skills otherwise.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Thanks Peter,
    So, how about commenting on what I put on the GW.....or just answer the questions? OR, put something of your own on there. It will be half over soon. You PROMISED to watch it early this time, remember? We were going to discuss gradually instead of just writing I liked it or didn't because of this or that. Glad this is my last time. I have tried everything I know to make this interesting......I must be a real Dud.....but then, I believe Some of you have figured that out already! Not even the Mods will participate. If I were a quitter, I would quit now, but I am not. So, I will stick it out until the 3oth......Keith
    It has been fun for me and Tommy, anyway....he won 3 sketches, LOL!

• Awesome sketches, Keith. You get better and better as you get back into it. Thanks for sharing these with the group.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thanks Mark.....now into war ones.....Iwo anyway. This is right after Stryker fights PFC Thomas for getting one of his men killed and two wounded. Afterwards, they leave as friends. There is blood trickling out of Thomas' right side of his mouth in case you wonder what it is, LOL.

• Must be losing it. Thought I posted this last night. This is the finished version, (I think) of when Gillum takes JB's hand off the gun and grabs it so he can kill the backshooter.

• Hi Tommy, Hope you had fun. I haven't changed the Ft. Apache one. If you want it changed, I will try to do it tonight. I assume your site addresses have your snail mail address on it. Short of cash until these next two checks come in and not sure what it will cost to mail to the UK.....need some tracing paper to go between each also. Thanks about Ben's pic....I thought it came out pretty much the way I wanted. Did you want it instead of FT. Apache? I like that one....all the guys look right, just wanted Hank to look different. OK, let me know, and hope you stick with the GW...we have until the end of the month and haven't gotten to the good parts yet, LOL! HAGO, KEITH