Sketch Prizes

There are 57 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 56,556 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just lost a long post...here we go again.
    HAH, well, so be it then, Lady Hawk, MB! You know, my official American Mountain Man name is Hawk. You are given your name by your brigade. You don't get one until you are deemed worthy.....for some folks it takes years. With all the completely unexplainable HAWK things that have happened to me, (and I don't believe in that kind of thing until it hits you slap dab in the face three or four times), and my grandfather who I am named after and take after, Will Keith Hawks, plus the small amount of Indian blood......Hawk became my name. And, that is what I am called at the Rendezvous' and the primitive campouts. So, there you have it....Funny you should choose that name MB....got any Indian blood in you?

I have been dreading this sketch every since I began this project. I am sure you all know about the Patriotic bit at the end, but in all the hundreds of times I have seen The Shootist and read about it, I have never noticed it. So, when I did the screen capture and saw it, I was just flabbergasted. Made me think even more than ever that Duke really DID think this was probably his last film, with the dying of cancer, Bond for his landlady's name, and THIS! Not to mention giving Ole Dollor away, etc. So, you tell me what you think. Have you all seen this before.....am I the only person who doesn't notice important things? So, here it is. Patriot to the end!
    Lady Hawk!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• The Fort Apache one please, you have got the likeness of Kirby and Collingwood, Thursday just doesn't seem right.

Well, for you my dear Tommy, I will either FIX Hank so he does look right to you, or I will redraw it. Please don't quit the GW though, LOL.

Love your site. Tried to comment on something but it took me all over the place....will try again. Haven't seen near all I would like. Oh, and want to do the camera Cong tour. That must have taken you FOREVER.

I will work on Hank today. Hopefully my checks will get here in a few days and I will mail all out. Thanks and HAGO, Keith

• Hows Fort Apache coming along worked out the glitches yet Keith

Hi Tommy, Sorry....haven't done any sketching.....gotta get back to it.,
    Shouldn't take but a few minutes. Hope to send yours and Mark's out Monday.

HAGO,KEITH

• Hi Keith and I must say more than just a job well done. These are great and the characters are easy to "see". I used to draw and got pretty good at doiung pencils and using ink pens. I would then "paint" the proper color in using crayon markers. I had about 20 drawings but--they all get damaged somehow around 15 or so years ago--and I guess someone in the fmaily threw them out. Two I was particularly poud of were two of my pencil drawings. One showed a highly detailed Spiderman swinging using his web and I did the art to look like Todd McFarlane's art for Spiderman Nr 1. Mine actually looked a lot like his but still missed a bit. The other pencil sketch I ded was the cover to: The Amazing Spiderman Nr 129--featuring the first appeanence of The Punsiher.

Amazing Spiderman issue nr 129:

Spiderman Nr 1:

Others I did ere of Jonah Hex. One I titled, Clint Eastwood IS Jonah Hex.
    This Hex cover was one fo about 4 I did:

One very similar to this one was another:

One I cant find that shows him being shot and falling off a balcony through a rail-was my best of the lot.
    This is another I did:

See why he reminds me of Clint Eastwood who would have been perfect to portray Hex.

I also TRIED to draw Sgt. Rock but never could master that character. I did one like this:
    Cant find the exact image but much like this none. I never could ghet his face and hands correct:

Did another like this one:

Joe Kubert and Russ Heath are my favorite Sgt. Rock artists. I cant seem to find any hardly any Heath stuff posted on the net--which is a darn shame.
    This is a good example of a Russ Heath cover. I love his stuff.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited 2 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Thanks there Young 'Un. Enjoy doing the drawings. About to try Prisma colors......never worked with color before.

Neat pics you sent....when I was a kid, I drew Batman and Robin, Superman, Flash etc. Long time ago, LOL!

Well, have a good one, Keith

• Spider-Man on JWMB.
    I thought someone was having a joke on me!
    The real life Spider-Man, Peter (Dooley) Parker.

Peter, what did you mean about the "real life Spider-Man"......hmmmm, was Peter Parker's name the one who turned into Spider-Man....seems to "ring a bell sometime way back?

LOL, love the "Peter Dooley Parker" name I gave you for paying attention instead of skimming, LOL......seems to really "fit" you.

What do you think of Carl's picture skills? Not too bad, huh? Now, to get him back to what it was all about....scanning and sending medals for my thread!

Have a super day, Keith

• Post a reply please then go to the 1,000 post club, lol!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Ooh, I actually prefer it! It's freer and less laboured.
    Don't take it as a criticism, it's a compliment on how your confidence is growing.
    Remember art is my bag. ;)

• Ooh, I actually prefer it! It's freer and less laboured.
    Don't take it as a criticism, it's a compliment on how your confidence is growing.
    Remember art is my bag. ;)

Yes Peter, you never told me that until AFTER I said I would do you a composite. Now, I wouldn't have a clue what to try to do for you since you are an expert already, and I have just begun.

Always sketched buildings like this at first. KP

• Yes Peter, you never told me that until AFTER I said I would do you a composite. Now, I wouldn't have a clue what to try to do for you since you are an expert already, and I have just begun.

Always sketched buildings like this at first. KP

Lol, just do your things it'll be great I'm sure.
    How does it feel to be in the big league now, your out of te 100s and into the 1000s!

• If feels rather nice, actually, Peter. Newbie is a term I will never apply to myself again. Although, I have only been a member for 4 months and 4 days, with a thousand posts, I think I deserve to leave that behind. And, you will very soon also! What a team, LOL! Sleep well, imagine it is about that time over there! KP

Lol, just do your things it'll be great I'm sure.
    How does it feel to be in the big league now, your out of te 100s and into the 1000s!

• If feels rather nice, actually, Peter. Newbie is a term I will never apply to myself again. Although, I have only been a member for 4 months and 4 days, with a thousand posts, I think I deserve to leave that behind. And, you will very soon also! What a team, LOL! Sleep well, imagine it is about that time over there! KP

I'm right behind you, bringing up the rear, lol!

• I'm right behind you, bringing up the rear, lol!

Mornin' Peter,
    I feel certain you will be passing me like a freight train rapidly. With two websites and the work on the house, I imagine I will slow to a crawl, LOL. Wanted to really help....think that has been partially accomplished. So, off to another project, LOL. Have a super day, Keith