Sketch Prizes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 57 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kevin.

• Re: Sketch Prizes

Dooley wrote:

Spider-Man on JWMB.
      I thought someone was having a joke on me!
      The real life Spider-Man, Peter (Dooley) Parker.

Peter, what did you mean about the "real life Spider-Man"......hmmmm, was Peter Parker's name the one who turned into Spider-Man....seems to "ring a bell sometime way back?

LOL, love the "Peter Dooley Parker" name I gave you for paying attention instead of skimming, LOL......seems to really "fit" you.

What do you think of Carl's picture skills? Not too bad, huh? Now, to get him back to what it was all about....scanning and sending medals for my thread!

Have a super day, Keith
      God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

Hawkswill wrote:

Peter, what did you mean about the "real life Spider-Man"......hmmmm, was Peter Parker's name the one who turned into Spider-Man....seems to "ring a bell sometime way back?

LOL, love the "Peter Dooley Parker" name I gave you for paying attention instead of skimming, LOL......seems to really "fit" you.

What do you think of Carl's picture skills? Not too bad, huh? Now, to get him back to what it was all about....scanning and sending medals for my thread!

Have a super day, Keith

Post a reply please then go to the 1,000 post club, lol!
      "Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

Dooley wrote:

Ooh, I actually prefer it! It's freer and less laboured.
      Don't take it as a criticism, it's a compliment on how your confidence is growing.
      Remember art is my bag. ;)

Yes Peter, you never told me that until AFTER I said I would do you a composite. Now, I wouldn't have a clue what to try to do for you since you are an expert already, and I have just begun.

Always sketched buildings like this at first. KP

Hawkswill wrote:

Yes Peter, you never told me that until AFTER I said I would do you a composite. Now, I wouldn't have a clue what to try to do for you since you are an expert already, and I have just begun.

Always sketched buildings like this at first. KP

Lol, just do your things it'll be great I'm sure.
      How does it feel to be in the big league now, your out of te 100s and into the 1000s!
      "Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

If feels rather nice, actually, Peter. Newbie is a term I will never apply to myself again. Although, I have only been a member for 4 months and 4 days, with a thousand posts, I think I deserve to leave that behind. And, you will very soon also! What a team, LOL! Sleep well, imagine it is about that time over there! KP

Dooley wrote:

Lol, just do your things it'll be great I'm sure.
      How does it feel to be in the big league now, your out of te 100s and into the 1000s!
    • Hawkswill wrote:

If feels rather nice, actually, Peter. Newbie is a term I will never apply to myself again. Although, I have only been a member for 4 months and 4 days, with a thousand posts, I think I deserve to leave that behind. And, you will very soon also! What a team, LOL! Sleep well, imagine it is about that time over there! KP

I'm right behind you, bringing up the rear, lol!

Dooley wrote:

I'm right behind you, bringing up the rear, lol!

Mornin' Peter,
      I feel certain you will be passing me like a freight train rapidly. With two websites and the work on the house, I imagine I will slow to a crawl, LOL. Wanted to really help....think that has been partially accomplished. So, off to another project, LOL. Have a super day, Keith

Thank you Keith and I wish I still had them. Two others I did and in color--were war scenes. One was several Marines during the Boxer Rebellion--fighting off hordes of Boxers--who were unseen, and another was a Vietnam bunker scene. You saw two G.I.s in came--inside a bunker looking out and one had his hand on the depressor button that was to set off a Claymore mine. I really liked the detail I had in this one. One of them even had a pack of Marloboro Reds Cigarettes in a band around his helmet and a small oil bottle and he was smoking one of cigs. I cant remember the name of the comicbook series I got the otherone from but this one was from an issue of Nam.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Hi Kid, Thanks.

It is from Hondo.......Hondo is staked out and Vittorio is about to put hot coals in his hand to make him tell where the soldiers are. This is just before he gets released and does the knife fight with Silva. Terry Wilson, (Bill Hawks of Wagon Train fame) doubles Duke in the fight......Terry is known for his knife fights! When Hondo first throws Silva over him, Terry is the one in the scene. Duke is in for a few close ups, but Terry does most all of the fight.

Too bad about your art......most of mine got sold, LOL! KP

Hawkswill wrote:

Hi Kid, Thanks.

It is from Hondo.......Hondo is staked out and Vittorio is about to put hot coals in his hand to make him tell where the soldiers are. This is just before he gets released and does the knife fight with Silva. Terry Wilson, (Bill Hawks of Wagon Train fame) doubles Duke in the fight......Terry is known for his knife fights! When Hondo first throws Silva over him, Terry is the one in the scene. Duke is in for a few close ups, but Terry does most all of the fight.

Too bad about your art......most of mine got sold, LOL! KP

Thanks Keith and on both things ;-)) Hondo is one of my top most favorite of Duke movies and Michael Pate is my top most favorite Actor from Australia--well-next to Flynn anyway ;-)) Eating -rather--drinking lunch today--I watched PT-109 again and Pate was Evans--the Aussie Coast-watcher--who eventually got Kennedy rescued.

Still reeling from the Gastro-problem. Im fighting just to be online this long. Im HOPING to be better tomorrow so I cna try getting more pics posted ;-)) I wanted to also try calling you today but not feeling good enough yet. I hate having these probs.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Ringo Kid ().