Duke's Poster Place

There are 123 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 88,295 times. The latest Post () was by Dooley.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Here's the end of the show - the last category: Non-westerns, non-warfilms, neither by Ford or Hawks. The rest so to speak :)

SHADOW OF THE EAGLE south american 1930's / SEA SPOILERS rare belgium (late 40's I guess) / WAKE OF THE RED WITCH danish RR 1970's / I COVER THE WAR belgium 1950 / REAP THE WILD WIND US 22x28 RR 1950's / BIG JIM McLAIN US 1-sh / ISLAND IN THE SKY US 22x28 ; Argentina /

• Okay, you asked for it :)

I'll start with my favorite, Mr.Howard Hawks:

RED RIVER: complete German set (1963) of 25 cards. The portrait LC is impossible to find,
    $300-$400 at least.. // 2 Italian photobusta (RR) // US Title LC (1953)

RIO BRAVOOOO: Complete German LC -set of 25 cards (+ 'selfmade portrait cards of Wayne with rifle, Stumpy & Colorado.
    So I guess they exist only 1x) // US LC's (1 missing) // rare UK set of 8 :

• EL DORADO: complete German set of 40 LC's // German RR-set of 12 (1971) // US LC-set // US + UK + CSSR 8x10 LC's // French set (2 missing) // Spanish (1 missing) // 5 Italian photobustas:

• HATARI! complete German set of 40 + selfmade Wayne portrait LC. A few words regarding German sets from the 50's & 60's: collecting those is a whole different ballgame than collecting US or UK sets. Those sets 'of 8' are available until now, but those huge German sets were split up the minute they reached the theaters back then. Only single cards show up, sometimes lots, but almost NEVER complete sets. Portrait LC's are scarce and some (like ISLAND IN THE SKY) seem the be destroyed decades ago altogether. So it takes you forever over here to get your set together (IF..). Took me 25 years to find all 40 cards for HATARI!... // US LC-set 1962 // US LC-set 1967 // US color stills (12) // UK set of 8 :

• Now JOHN FORD. 30's & 40's stuff was always too expensive for me, even 20 or 30 years ago. But some items are included anyway:

STAGECOACH: German jumbo cards (1961) // 5 french RR 1950's // spanish set (1979) // some US b/w stills. I will post just a few b/w stills here (too many here), just of those titles I don't have much material in the archive:

LONG VOYAGE HOME: b/w stills // THEY WERE EXPENDABLE: 3 German cards, 1 south American, 1 Mexican RR // THREE GODFATHERS: 8 German // 10 German RR 1963 // 2 Mexican, 2 Mexican RR:

• GODFATHERS: 4 Swedish // FORT APACHE 13 German (1960) / b/w stills & Mexican RR / 3 Italian photobustas (1960's) // SHE WHORE A YELLOW RIBBON: 6 German incl. very rare portrait cards / 1 Swedish, 8 Belgium / 2 Italian photobusta (1960's:

• RIO GRANDE: 1 German, 1 UK, 1 US + bw stills // QUIET MAN US LC-set / 5 German (RR 1961) / SEARCHERS 23 German LC's / 2 Italian photobustas (RR 1960's / WINGS OF EAGLES Yugoslawia set of 8, US color stills :