Duke's Poster Place

There are 123 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 88,317 times. The latest Post () was by Dooley.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Remember the THE ALAMO

Rare complete German set of 40 / 4 Jumbo LC's (1 from 1961; 3 from 1967), super scarce - made only for some premiere theaters // US LC-set of 8 / 2 US RR-LC's / ! english & 5 French LC's / Italian Photobustas: 3 small one and three big one (70x100cm) from 1960; 5 small ones & 2 big ones from 1967:

• Alright, MORE lobby cards...
    I won't comment them from now on - I ran out of time :(
    The 'usual': German sets, US lc's, UK FOF-sets, French, Spanish,
    Italian & Mexican items...
    Questions are always welcome of course.

I'll start with the war films:

• Still one of my Top 5 Wayne Films. Top 3 actually :)
    RIO BRAVO being another one you can guess that I'm very much into
    Howard Hawks. I love Africa, so there came the right film. In the 50s/60s wild game
    was always treated as 'extras' in the ss-called 'Safari - films', but in HATARI! animals as well as the landscape is a real part of the story and the emotions the film manages to bring across. I guess Jim McBride once pointed out during a Hawks interview how much he liked the relationships and the bounding between the characters and Hawks replied: ''I like to be around them too.'' That's how I feel :). And that's one of the reasons why us HATARI! fans watch this very long and rather plotless film over and over again - we like to be around them too...

I don't rember whether I posted all my HATARI! stuff in the forum, well here it is anyway. Posters and lobby cards from 18 countries: