Duke's Poster Place- Past Discussion (Archive)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 56 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

• Duke's Poster Place- Past Discussion (Archive)

DUKE'S POSTER PLACE- Past Discussion

As we had two poster threads it now seems appropriate to merge them into one.

Duke's Poster Place

A special thanks to Dooley for the title
    Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

The post was edited 4 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Duke Poster Place- Discussion

thought I'd post some of my posters here from time to time. Might be of some interest to see what was printed in different countries all over the world...
    I started collecting on Wayne in 1979 at the age of 12. By now my archive on him includes some 400 posters and 5000 LC's & stills.

Mike's Duke Poster Thread

The post was edited 1 time, last by ethanedwards ().

• Mike's Duke Poster Thread- Discussion

Great bunch of posters you have there, Juniormike. What I really like about the foreign posters is the artwork involved. Some are very colorful. Thanks for sharing them, I look forward to seeing more.

Mark
    "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "
  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread

Hi Mike thanks for posting these and the ones you are going to post.

I have a few for True grit but found storage and preservation to be a problem so now I concentrate on Audio and video and books.
    Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

Wow, very nice collection you have. Thanks for sharing what you have, I have enjoyed looking thru them.
    Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
    http://www.jwayne.com

Mike,
    Very, very impressive, I was beginning to wonder if our message board had enough mega bites of ram to pull off your collection.:biggrin: Just kidding.
    Seriously, a great addition for everyone to look at, and learn from.
    Thank You for your effort !

Chester :newyear:

The post was edited 1 time, last by chester7777 ().

Mike, you have one awesome collection! Thanks for sharing with us! I have to ask though, did you have any contributions to the new 10 CD / 1 DVD / Poster book that is coming out?
    Bob
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

There's a forum thread here: dukewayne.com/showthread.php?t=4598

Its a 10 CD plus 1 DVD, plus a 400+ page book with lots of poster and lobby card photos. I don't imagine their collection is as good as yours, but I believe it is coming out of Germany, so I thought of you.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Alright...
    Seems I work too much. I miss almost everything...
    Yeah, I guess I know those guys.

I'm glad I own most of the LP records so I never really cared
    much for CD's (on that subject I'm older then I really am, still
    playing records..). The DVD is rather pointless. There's only
    two or three lesser known featurettes and those are incl.
    on the SpyGuise US VHS Tape (JW Behind the scenes).
    The book I'd love to see. In Germany we had some terrific
    books on movie posters (in general), but also a few lesser ones.
    So I'd really like to see it first.
    I'm sure they found enough material without me participating,
    there are 5 - 10 serious Wayne-collectors in Germany. Although
    most of them only collect German poster's & LC's..

Maybe you should consider putting together a book of John Wayne posters and lobby cards. Sort of like a large coffee table book. You've got the best and most extensive collection I know of, so I know I'd buy one!