Duke's Poster Place- Past Discussion (Archive)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.
   

There are 56 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread

    Actually I had the idea of doing a CANDID DUKE book years ago.
    My main interest is behind the scenes photos. I have on RIO BRAVO & HATARI! alone 200 behind the scenes shots. Maybe dozens of color pages with mixed posters & LC's as salt in the soup...
    I guess for a book featuring JUST posters & LC's my collection is much to incomplete. The 30's and 40's stuff is and always was much to expensive for me...
    So far I made only one book (PASSION & POETRY - SAM PECKINPAH IN PICTURES with more than 1000 photos. People over here loved it.) and
    two other book projects died thanks to the greedy lawyers of certain LA-talent.

    I listed some reproductions of my rare Duke-stills at eBay, 'gives you an
    idea of what I'm talking about :)

    stores.shop.ebay.de/EL-DORADO-…_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322
  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread

    Juniormike wrote:

    Actually I had the idea of doing a CANDID DUKE book years ago.
    My main interest is behind the scenes photos. I have on RIO BRAVO & HATARI! alone 200 behind the scenes shots. Maybe dozens of color pages with mixed posters & LC's as salt in the soup...
    I guess for a book featuring JUST posters & LC's my collection is much to incomplete. The 30's and 40's stuff is and always was much to expensive for me...
    So far I made only one book (PASSION & POETRY - SAM PECKINPAH IN PICTURES with more than 1000 photos. People over here loved it.) and
    two other book projects died thanks to the greedy lawyers of certain LA-talent.

    I listed some reproductions of my rare Duke-stills at eBay, 'gives you an
    idea of what I'm talking about :)

    stores.shop.ebay.de/EL-DORADO-…_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

    Hi Mike, great shots,
    perhaps you can start your ' Candid Duke'here,
    and upload your pictures into our various Movie Threads!
    Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England
  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread

    Juniormike wrote:

    Actually I had the idea of doing a CANDID DUKE book years ago.
    My main interest is behind the scenes photos. I have on RIO BRAVO & HATARI! alone 200 behind the scenes shots. Maybe dozens of color pages with mixed posters & LC's as salt in the soup...
    I guess for a book featuring JUST posters & LC's my collection is much to incomplete. The 30's and 40's stuff is and always was much to expensive for me...
    So far I made only one book (PASSION & POETRY - SAM PECKINPAH IN PICTURES with more than 1000 photos. People over here loved it.) and
    two other book projects died thanks to the greedy lawyers of certain LA-talent.

    I listed some reproductions of my rare Duke-stills at eBay, 'gives you an
    idea of what I'm talking about :)

    stores.shop.ebay.de/EL-DORADO-…_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322


    Great photos Mike! I wish I could read German!
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.
  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread

    Juniormike wrote:

    German? I don't get it, the stills are listed at eBay USA...
    Or were you referring to the book PASSION & POETRY?


    When I clicked on the link, it came up as ebay Germany. I'll check ebay USA and see if I can find them.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.
  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread

    Found them!
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.
  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread- Discussion

    Mike has posted some really great pictures
    of his vast collection of posters.

    However I felt that his thread was somehow tucked away!
    I have now moved it to the 'Comprehensive Work'
    sub-forum and made it 'Sticky,

    Mike's Duke Poster Thread

    At the same time I have seperated the discussion into it's own thread.
    This then will allow Mike to add, with the posters always remaining prominent
    instead of being 'shunted' down.
    Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

    The post was edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().

  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread- Discussion

    ethanedwards wrote:

    Mike has posted some really great pictures
    of his vast collection of posters.

    However I felt that his thread was somehow tucked away!
    I have now moved it to the 'Comprehensive Work'
    sub-forum and made it 'Sticky,

    Mike's Duke Poster Thread

    At the same time I have seperated the discussion into it's own thread.
    This then will allow Mike to add, with the posters always remaining prominent
    instead of being 'shunted' down.


    Good idea Keith to have separated this out as you say it gets lost otherwise!

    MIKE

    Thanks so much for posting these I appreciate how many hours of work goes into something like this, And What a great collection you have

    I have written to paramount to enquire about

    Hatari! Big game hunting without guns

    Will let you know what they reply.
    Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind
  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread- Discussion

    Thanks Elly!

    I guess if they'd had a copy, they would use it (DVD supplements). Then again,
    I have a featurette on EL DORADO and they didn't use it ...

    Right now I'm taking pics of most of my LC's for a possible book project in Germany. I take the opportunity to post the stuff here, so be prepared for SOME ACTION !!
  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread- Discussion

    Juniormike wrote:

    Thanks Elly!

    Right now I'm taking pics of most of my LC's for a possible book project in Germany. I take the opportunity to post the stuff here, so be prepared for SOME ACTION !!


    I look forward to seeing them
    Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind
  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread- Discussion

    Look out for 2000 LC's....

    Thanks for taking care of that thread! Yet I think folks here in this forum don't really care for
    that kind of memorabilia. But I'll continue anyway. A few are always interested and also
    that way that thread might be a good source for reference in the future...

    I'll post THE ALAMO now..

    The post was edited 3 times, last by Juniormike ().

  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread

    Hi Mike

    Thank you so much! I love looking at these. You did not say what your book is about.

    If it is showing your collection I would love to buy a copy when it is published thanks
    Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind
  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread

    Elly wrote:

    Hi Mike

    Thank you so much! I love looking at these. You did not say what your book is about.

    If it is showing your collection I would love to buy a copy when it is published thanks



    It is not my book. Two other German collector started it and I helped them out with the missing LC's...
    I'm not sure how good the outcome will be. As soon as I have a copy here, I'll post details, images etc...
  • Re: Mike's Duke Poster Thread

    Juniormike wrote:

    It is not my book. Two other German collector started it and I helped them out with the missing LC's...
    I'm not sure how good the outcome will be. As soon as I have a copy here, I'll post details, images etc...


    Please do post details of the book it will be good to see what others collect.

    And thanks again for putting up your pictures of your collection.
    Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="3" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">