What's the last thinig you ate?

There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 14,344 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Reason im asking is because it gives me a chance to brag about today's lunch I had. I dunno how big the TGI Friday's Restaurant chain is but--my Sister and I went to eat there today because I was craving having one of their Angus Bacon Cheeseburgers--which i had my first about 2 months ago. The one i had was the Jack Daniels version and was one of the best Bacon Cheeseburgers I ever had. They also have a company brand Tea which tastes good too. Along with this--I had their Queso with meat and chips and it too was very good.
    Mine kinda looked like this but had a white cheese on it:

This is more what it used to look like till I ate half of it. I still have the other half left and will be dinner tonight :-))

This is about what the rest of mine now looks like: :lol::lol::lol:

Wrong kind of bun but:

Cant find a pix of the Appetiser I had but--this will do:

Finally found a pic of it--Jack Daniels sauce and all:

R U hungry yet?

If not? this SHOULD make you hungry now!!!

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Carl...that is SO unfair. I had 2 teeth pulled Wed (was supposed to be 4, but BP was shooting toward stroke level), and I'm still only able to eat "soft" food, like soup, jello, pudding, and the like.

It's ok, I get to eat like a human again starting Suday...

I feel for you. About 6 or so years ago--I had all kinds of problems with dehydration and got severely sick from it--VERY painful too. I had to go to the Emergency Room three times--twice in about 6 months? Anyway, each time they told me I would have to have a liquid diet consisting of nothing more than broth for a few weeks. I tried one can of broth and said it wasnt for me. That evening-_Sarge Bill and I went out to an all you can eat restaurant and my tummy was feeling fine by then. I ate--but till took it abit easy for a few days ;-))

Speaking of Soup--WalMart and HEBs both have all their Campbell brands (at least in my area) for ,75 cents a can. needless to say--I stocked up and over the period of around 3 days--bought around 50-60 cans and I still intend on going back for more if the sale is still on as of Monday.

Walmart with this sale--is again attempting to deceive the public on just how much your saving. As I eat a lot of soup--I know very well what their prices in my area had been for the soup I buy. They were all at $1.00 but--their so called """"""rollback price""""" said they had been priced at $1.26 a can--nope--never in my area. So anyway, it makes it LOOK like they are giving you a great deal--but really aint. Anyway, at .25 cents off--im buying as much as I can afford to buy before they raise their price to that $1.26 per can price they advertise.

• Sadly, I probably did too. But as long as it was for a good cause ;-))

• Hi

In English hospitals the food is inedible and after spending a week starving I came home to have a pork chop,one sausage and mash potatoes. it was gorgeous.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Haven't ate it yet, but tonight the wife is making chicken and dumplings. I am drooling as I type this. The Mrs. is quite the cook, and I am quite the eater. we make a great pair!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Herb encrusted, sauteed Tilapia fillets cooked JUST PAST raw. Small Broccoli Florets and fresh baby yellow squash cooked whole in the microwave, (make sure you stick them with a fork first or you will be sorry), and frozen banana/strawberry yogurt. Nice little glass of wine also. LOVE to COOK! Plus owned two seafood restaurants, LOL!

Fun little thread, Carl. Might take a pic or two next time and dress the plate up a little. So, no phone call and no review....better call me young fellah!
    HAGO, KP

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• I feel for ya. I was sentenced to 3 & 1/2 weeks to a long term hospital here back in 05--thanks to having a double staph infection in my legs. The first hospital I was in was for about 4-5 days and their food--was a little on the thin side--but was good. When I went to the other place--their food was lousy at best. Luckily for me--I snuck out of the hospital several times and went across the street where they had a Circle K store--and bought enough food to survive on.

• Haven't ate it yet, but tonight the wife is making chicken and dumplings. I am drooling as I type this. The Mrs. is quite the cook, and I am quite the eater. we make a great pair!

Mark

Send a pot of it my way will ya? Chicken and Dumplings is one of my ultimate food favorites. The only time I get it now is when I go to a Cracker Barrel Restaurant and get it there. Theirs is pretty good but not like home made.

• Herb encrusted, sauteed Tilapia fillets cooked JUST PAST raw. Small Broccoli Florets and fresh baby yellow squash cooked whole in the microwave, (make sure you stick them with a fork first or you will be sorry), and frozen banana/strawberry yogurt. Nice little glass of wine also. LOVE to COOK! Plus owned two seafood restaurants, LOL!

Fun little thread, Carl. Might take a pic or two next time and dress the plate up a little. So, no phone call and no review....better call me young fellah!
    HAGO, KP

Looking forwards to seeing pics of what yall eat. Also, looks like yall eat a bit healthier than I do :lol:

Funny you mention calling? I just lost my voice again as of last night and I just got over it Grrrr. I sent you a PM about it since I cant call.

Oh and, just had the rest of my Angus Bacon Cheese Burger for lunch. For supper--1/2 of a Nolan's Steakhouse Poorboy which are the best you will ever eat--I kid yall not.

• Hi there LT. They didn't have fast food places when I was little. I believe the first take-out was Chinese, then a pizza place, then a hamburger place, (not franchises). Oh, the first franchise in Atlanta, GA that I know of was Kentucky Fried Chicken. But, little by little more came out as people got lazier and lazier, LOL.

I still rarely went to one unless I was on the road.....then, they seemed like the thing to do. Eat on the run.

But, when I had the Alligator Jack's Restaurant in North FLorida, one of my almost every night couple customers were Ollie and Linda. They both had taken an early retirement from Burger King when a British company won out on a hostile takeover. As Ollie was head of franchising for the entire world, he settled for quite a hefty lump sum. But, that is another story.

Back to McDonald's. Once, while Linda and I were traveling to Plantation Key to move the last of their belongings up to the house they built on the 40 acres they had bought right ON the Suwanee River near A.J.s, we stopped at a McDonalds because there were no Burger King's for three keys in either direction, (I had taken to only eating at Burger King's on my trips in honor of Ollie and Linda's past employment with them, LOL). Same as you.....YUK! At least BK had the "flame broiled taste".....might be the same type meat, but they were cooked over a special device that made them taste like you cooked them on the grill...thus.....flavor. Also, their fries didn't come close to comparing to BK's. Had a McDonald's only once, and it was just a flat, tasteless cardboardy type thing. Yet, like Ethan's kids.......my niece absolutely LOVED them.....Go figure. Can't imagine why grown people actually pay money and put those things into their bodies!

Last night I had a rather simple meal of Amish ground and mixed "deerburger"......don't process my own deer anymore.....just gut and skin them and take them to the Amish folks down the street. They make me a lot of deerburger, some breakfast sausage, summer sausage, two hams, the tenderloin and back straps for steaks, and pot roast meat. All is packaged professionally in usually one pound chubs except for the hams, of course which I cold smoke. $50..........worth every single penny and then a lot more.

So, the deerburger, yellow rice to which I always add extra saffron, and Poke Salad, (lightly cooked as you would fresh spinach....has the same nutritional value, and you just have to go outside and pick it.....grows everywhere!) Of course, a glass of a nice light Cabernet topped it off.
    Keith

I had a tasteless cheeseburger from McDonald's..... It was horrible.... disgusting.... revolting.... nauseating.... and in the words of mature sensible adults everywhere, "Yucky".

• I had a tasteless cheeseburger from McDonald's..... It was horrible.... disgusting.... revolting.... nauseating.... and in the words of mature sensible adults everywhere, "Yucky".

The ONLY thing I can halfway stand from McDs is their french fries and they even screw those up. The last item I ate from McDs was when I bought 2 sausage biscuits and snuck them into the theater when i went to go so: The Expendables 2. I ate one and felt queasy but didnt want to toss the other away--so tried eating some of it--and it made me sicker than a dog. I will never eat anything else from McDs again. Heck, they even make their water unhealthy Grrrr....

BTW--all of their meat products by law--has to be made up of at least 51% real meat--the rest is God knows what?

• Speaking of --the last day I was in College--and being a poor and broke college student--all I had was about $2-$3 bucks to spend for food so my friend and I went to a McDs and bought a cheap burger and fries. Well, the sloppy friend of mine managed to drop some french fries in my car and somehow at least one got under his seat-neither of us saw it. Well, about a year or so later-I was cleaning the heck out of my car--and found a french fry. The thing had NOT--deteriorated at all and looked like it was just made. The reason I knew it was from then--was because that was the only time I ate fries in my car--as well as anyone else.

• thats heart attack food! Goes straight to your arteries! Excuse me while i go finish my wings!

Im Southern, so im used to eating almost nothing but fried food. These days however, I elect to eat somehting healthier most of the time but still enjoy a Chicken Fried Steak and Chicken Strips, Bacon etx--every now and then just to keep my Arteries used to fatty foods. :lol::lol::lol:

• Well, if THAT isn't scary, I don't know what is! KEITH

Speaking of --the last day I was in College--and being a poor and broke college student--all I had was about $2-$3 bucks to spend for food so my friend and I went to a McDs and bought a cheap burger and fries. Well, the sloppy friend of mine managed to drop some french fries in my car and somehow at least one got under his seat-neither of us saw it. Well, about a year or so later-I was cleaning the heck out of my car--and found a french fry. The thing had NOT--deteriorated at all and looked like it was just made. The reason I knew it was from then--was because that was the only time I ate fries in my car--as well as anyone else.

• Well, if THAT isn't scary, I don't know what is! KEITH

That's part of the reason I quit eating at McDs. By law--their meat products have to be made of at least 51% meat. One wonders what the rest of it is made out of and I dont wanna know.