Images of McQueen on his bike in: The Great Escape--for Keith.

There are 20 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 12,033 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks Carl, I think a few of them will help. GREAT photos! Told you to call me. It is VERY easy to post the pics in an email! MUCH easier than this way! LOL, KIDDO! HAGO, KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• With these pics, I should be able to finish your drawing soon, Young 'UN! Just couldn't see enough of the bike to tell, and I know how you like things to be right, LOL. Lots of barbed wire, though! Call tomorrow, and I will tell you how to put your pics in emails, LOL. KEITH

• Thanks Carl, I think a few of them will help. GREAT photos! Told you to call me. It is VERY easy to post the pics in an email! MUCH easier than this way! LOL, KIDDO! HAGO, KEITH

Hi Keith and Keith.

Keith, thanks and looking forwards to seeing them added.

Keith, I couldnt call yesterday because of being out with fred (the Vietnam Vet I was telling you about who earned eight Purple Hearts during his 3 or so tours in Nam--also still has schrapnel in his legs and back. Wednesday is bingo night and im only here for a short time. My best possible day during the week this week--will be on Friday. I won some money last night and will be going Christmas shopping for my 3 Great Nieces and 2 Great Nephews. If anything is left? im buying something for my neighbor for Christmas, and having a special cake made for her which will have an image of one of her favorite Hollywood stars on it made of edible paper ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Great photos Carl. McQueen is 2nd to The Duke with me!

Glad you liked them Kevin--Steve McQueen is also one of my top 5 tops--others being Richard Basehart, Charlton Heston and James Cagney.

Also, I found more good Great Escape images most without Steve in them. I can add them if you like?

• With these pics, I should be able to finish your drawing soon, Young 'UN! Just couldn't see enough of the bike to tell, and I know how you like things to be right, LOL. Lots of barbed wire, though! Call tomorrow, and I will tell you how to put your pics in emails, LOL. KEITH

Hi Keith, I got this a day late and a dollar short. I cant spend much time doing much till either late Thursday (thanks to winning at Bingo and will be doing Christmas shopping for my 3 Great Nieces and 2 Great Nephews) or on Friday. I prefer Friday because I have nothing to do cept to go use WiFi. Got all bills paid cept rent which aint due till Dec 3rd--and the electric bill which aint due till a few days after rent. Oh and, my neighbor won a 32 inch Emerson flat screen TV--needed it badly as her TV was starting to go out. She might even have one with the tickets I gave her--and makes it better more so. She won with a white raffle ticket and ive been giving her all mine--and most of the ones she had--were blue raffle tickets, :-))

• Yep Bill, this is pretty close. The bike in the pic I am drawing for Carl is lying under the barbed wire on its left side. So, I needed to see the top part of it. This helps. THANKS, KEITH

Hope these are of some use.

• Thanks Bill and great images. Its easy to tell that he is wearing an original German Tunic but I think the trousers are post war--not correct late war grey. But the Green Grey tunic is real so is the Soft shell Luger holster.

• Forgot to mention, Steve is wearing an M-35 helmet. You can tell by the rolled edges and the lug on the side. I had one at one time but--it got stolen from me about 15 years ago. It was one issued to someone in a Luftwaffe Field Division.

• My God, Carl, you can differentiate between the tunic and the trousers?
    This was filmed in Germany in 1962, about 18 years after the actual events, so I figured it would be pretty accurate.
    Makes me afraid to inquire about Steve's undies.

We deal in lead, friend.

• My God, Carl, you can differentiate between the tunic and the trousers?
    This was filmed in Germany in 1962, about 18 years after the actual events, so I figured it would be pretty accurate.
    Makes me afraid to inquire about Steve's undies.

We deal in lead, friend.

As a collector--im used to doing that ;-)) And to think if some of the guys from war relics were here? they could tell you the exact patterns and the year it was issued too ;-))

Dont worry about the undies--worry about what they used for toilet paper--I kid you not. They were issued something that looks like a rough white and grey towel and it was used and reused and re-re--well--you can only imagine. Id hated to have to hand wash it though.