There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,354 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thank you bill/Mark. Oh and--I found something you like that im HOPING to hear about that I wanna get you from an ebay seller--an image of someone you like and in a good movie. I still aint heard yet--and beginning to wonder........... Same goes for those newer images I found--they are a bit more than im used to paying but worth it. I also found a few original Unconquered Lobby cards that I want badly.

PS, I HATE when some dealers only accept paypal. I still cant get an account set up so i cant biuy stuff that way0---Grrrrr.

That is a frustration Carl. The main reason is it's much easier for the sellers to deal with Paypal. I used to have the same problem but now it's up and running I wouldn't use anything else. Maybe there's someone on here who could help you? I'm sure she'd be happy to.
    Sending you a PM now:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• That is a frustration Carl. The main reason is it's much easier for the sellers to deal with Paypal. I used to have the same problem but now it's up and running I wouldn't use anything else. Maybe there's someone on here who could help you? I'm sure she'd be happy to.

Heh heh, I think ill bribe her first :lol::lol: I tried it again recently--in trying to get a paypal account--but nein, nope, nada, nu uh, nix, ixnay, nyet-no. :-((

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• That is a frustration Carl. The main reason is it's much easier for the sellers to deal with Paypal. I used to have the same problem but now it's up and running I wouldn't use anything else. Maybe there's someone on here who could help you? I'm sure she'd be happy to.

Just in case you were referring to a certain person dear to our hearts, hear this. I would NOT accept a Paypal account if they paid me $1,000,LOL. Because that is a little bit less than they owe me. Not only do they owe me the money, but I spent many hours, countless emails and tons of faxes to prove to them they did. THEN, after finding against me, they actually ALLOWED the client to KEEP the item that I had sold them and they had emailed that they loved. I sent a pickup by UPS for the item.....the client wouldn't give it to them. When I called and was on hold for hours, I was finally told that the credit card company had called me and I told them I didn't want the $1000 item back. Imagine that.......took me 4 days to build it and 3 to finish it......they took the money paid me for it out of my bank account, then, they wouldn't make the client send it back even though I paid for the shipment. Paypal is better for the buyers. They do NOT protect large item sellers at all. There are horror stories on the net about them....one of them is mine. Sorry there guys, but I do not recommend Paypal to anyone. They may be OK for small items, but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw the whole company. Just check out Paypal screws sellers on Google. Or something like that...one guys bank account was tied up for months! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Heh heh, I think ill bribe her first :lol::lol: I tried it again recently--in trying to get a paypal account--but nein, nope, nada, nu uh, nix, ixnay, nyet-no. :-((

OK Carl, just wrote Dooley about WHY I DO NOT RECOMMEND PAYPAL. However, if you are dealing in very small amounts of money and can afford to lose it, then go for it. You see, If someone gets your item after paying with Paypal, then they decide they don't want to pay, they put in a claim with Paypal against you. Paypal automatically takes it out of your bank account until the claim is settled. But, that isn't all.....sometimes the person will then put in a claim with their credit card for a chargeback. Paypal is not always careful about that, and they will deduct the money from your account again....what happened to me.....over $2000 taken out...left me pretty well high and dry. They said, even though it was their fault, they couldn't put the money back in for over a month.....just the ONE $1000. Then, I not only had to submit them copies of all transactions, but had to duplicate them for the credit card company. Paypal swears they protect you, but they don't do a thing. I had everything documented and even had a picture the person sent me of her cats using the item I built for her. But mine was just a little horror story. There are some a great deal worse for lots more money
    If you STILL want an account, I will get one for you. All you have to have is a bank account. Let me know, but think hard on it first. Most of the items I sell on the net, I would go outside of Ebay. Don't need to anymore because my site comes up on the first page of Google.

HAGO, KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• OK Carl, just wrote Dooley about WHY I DO NOT RECOMMEND PAYPAL. However, if you are dealing in very small amounts of money and can afford to lose it, then go for it. You see, If someone gets your item after paying with Paypal, then they decide they don't want to pay, they put in a claim with Paypal against you. Paypal automatically takes it out of your bank account until the claim is settled. But, that isn't all.....sometimes the person will then put in a claim with their credit card for a chargeback. Paypal is not always careful about that, and they will deduct the money from your account again....what happened to me.....over $2000 taken out...left me pretty well high and dry. They said, even though it was their fault, they couldn't put the money back in for over a month.....just the ONE $1000. Then, I not only had to submit them copies of all transactions, but had to duplicate them for the credit card company. Paypal swears they protect you, but they don't do a thing. I had everything documented and even had a picture the person sent me of her cats using the item I built for her. But mine was just a little horror story. There are some a great deal worse for lots more money
    If you STILL want an account, I will get one for you. All you have to have is a bank account. Let me know, but think hard on it first. Most of the items I sell on the net, I would go outside of Ebay. Don't need to anymore because my site comes up on the first page of Google.

HAGO, KEITH

Thanks Keith and I have thought long on it--the bad thing is--is I dont want them having access to my bank account--A good friend of mine in England had a very bad time with them too-got mistakenly charged for $4,000 and took a few months to get it back. Not sure how Darren did it? but he also cancelled his account with them and no longer buys from anyone who refuses to take Money Orders or Bank transfers--which really are safe and ive used that before.

I hate ebay with PURPLE PASSION and the dealers I deal with--let me pay with a money order adn I never have probs with those ;-))

The only thing keeping me (besides the access to my account) from totally shying away from paypal--is the access to two dealers I need for future buys of stills and lobby cards-posters and such. If anyone here does have a paypal account? id rather just send you the money order-made by my Fed Cred union--Navy/Army FCU.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..