How to Post Photographs/ Images

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,328 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Members ask how to post photos
    into threads!

Hopefully below are some useful instructions.

First of all upload a digital image to your PC,
    This is achieved by taking a scan or digital image
    of your photo/ poster etc.

A. Adding Photos as Attachments.

When making a new post scroll down to
    'Manage Attachments'
    Here will be a drop down box,
    where you can upload your files.

They will appear in your post as thumbnails,
    which will enlarge when clicked upon.

See bottom of this post.

B. Adding Photos as Images.

1. You will need to register on a photo site,
    and we recommend Photobucket

http://photobucket.com/

Once registered you can upload your digital images.

2.Once logged in, go to the top tool bar
    and click on 'Upload'

3. Click on your uploading album choice

4. Click on
    Customize your upload options

A box will appear, showing your custom settings,
    click on the file size you require,
    the bigger for more detail, and then
    click on 'Save.'

Obviously beacause the larger formats are BIG, they do expand the thread outwards,
    which can sometimes be distracting.

The
    320x240
    640x480

are the more post friendly.

5.Click on
    'Select Photos and Videos'

A box will appear for you to select from your PC documents.
    Chose your photos from your files.

6. Once the annoying advert and music ends, click on
    'Save and Continue'

7. Below will appear your photo,
    Hover over the photo, and a drop down box will appear
    Showing a set of codes, URL's

Copy the bottom
    IMG code

8. Paste this IMG Code
    directly onto your post.
    There is no need to use the Image icon in the toolbar
    unless there is not an URL

Your image will appear in your pre-post like this

{IMG}http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/john-wayne/John%20Wayne-%202/56b86562.jpg{/IMG}

I have changed the

to the

{IMG}xxxxx {/IMG}

so as to demonstrate.

But the code entered correctly will show this

It is difficult to explain, I know
    but this as good as I can put over,
    and if anyone wishes to add their ideas,
    please do.

Below is what an attachment will look like.

• Hi Ellie,
    I would love to see even a poor quality copy. However you are correct for sure........what a shame. Don't know what happened to my pictures above, or below or wherever this new thing is going to post, but I had pictures in the ones I posted on the Three Bad men thread. And. I am pretty sure the one EK corrected was larger than the one he did above. This is most exasperating. Sure hope it gets fixed soon. Bill, (Gorch) is like me.....unless we can find a way to post the pics full sized again..........we will just post them elsewhere. One thing that made JWMB a lot better than other sites was the ability to post full sized pics in the post and not having to click on them to get an enlargement. Would love to know if there is a Blue Eagles on line somewhere. Thanks, KEITH

I don't understand the problem with posting bigger images, as lasbugas seems to be OK, and I have just posted the one above!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I don't understand the problem with posting bigger images, as lasbugas seems to be OK, and I have just posted the one above!!

Wrote a bit, but it got wiped out while attempting to post a pic. I am sure it is just that Bill, (Gorch) and I.....after all the pictures we have posted here and on other sites have just become senile, LOL...what do you think, Bill? When I posted to Ellie, EK, you had made George's pic a little larger than the one I had up, but NOW.......wow, it is full size.....amazing.

I am sure others are having the same problem. Instead of saying what you said and just enlarging the pic, I imagine it would be MUCH more helpful if you would explain how to do it.....as we are tired of trying to find whatever way it has to be done now. I have a lot of rare pics to add. But..........what the heck. Nice job, by the way EK....larger than the one I started with! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Just to remind our members that posting photos should be, and is, as easy as before,
    but considering since our initial instructions
    bot the JWMB and Photobucket have undergone upgrades.

First of all upload a digital image to your PC,
    This is achieved by taking a scan or digital image
    of your photo/ poster etc.

A. Adding Photos as Attachments.

When making a new post scroll down to
    'Manage Attachments'
    Here will be a drop down box,
    where you can upload your files.

They will appear in your post as thumbnails,
    which will enlarge when clicked upon.

B. Adding Photos as Images.

1. You will need to register on a photo site,
    and we recommend Photobucket

http://photobucket.com/

Once registered you can upload your digital images.

2.Once logged in, go to the top tool bar
    and click on 'Upload'

3. Click on your uploading album choice

4. Click on
    Customize your upload options

A box will appear, showing your 'Custom Upload Settings'
    click on the file size you require,
    the bigger for more detail, and then
    click on 'Save.'

Obviously because the larger formats are BIG, they do expand the thread outwards,
    which can sometimes be distracting.

The
    320x240
    640x480

are the more post friendly.

5.Click on
    'Select Photos and Videos'

A box will appear for you to select from your PC documents.
    Chose your photos from your files.

6. Once the annoying advert and music ends, click on
    The smaller lower LH image

7. Below will appear your photo,
    Hover over the photo, and a drop down box will appear
    Showing a set of codes, URL's

Upload the images to say Photobucket
    Copy the bottom
    IMG code

Paste this IMG Code
    directly onto your post.
    There is no need to use the Image icon in the toolbar
    unless there is not an URL

Your image will appear in your pre-post like this

{URL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/john-waynemedia/00dbe093-2974-454a-84a4-910692bd88e1_zpsc32a52fd.jpg.html}{IMG}http://i27.photobucket.com/alb…692bd88e1_zpsc32a52fd.jpg[{/IMG}{/URL}

You might find it better to delete the

{URL}xxxxxxxxxxxxxx etc{/URL}

direct link back to your Photobucket account

I have changed the

to the

{IMG}xxxxx {/IMG}

so as to demonstrate.

But the code entered correctly will show this

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 16 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Members still seem to have problems, please see this thread and it's updates

Appreciate the second attempt at explaining things to us, EK. I will try with a picture. Not sure if I have posted this before with all the confusion, please please excuse me if I have. It is Hank Fonda and Ward Bond in one of Pappy's favorite films, The Fugitive. Proud to say, this is one of the few in my new collection, (mainly, of course, of Ward, LOL) Well, it LOOKS like it is going to work.....it didn't do anything until I clicked on Advanced under this box on JWMB..........then the picture came up large. Oh, I already had the picture uploaded on Photobucket, so I never saw the "Customize your image". I DID, however, take off the URL before and after what I copied from the IMAGE file on Photobucket. Well, the preview shows OK, we will see how it does when it posts. Hope some of what I experienced here will also help some of you. KEITH

=http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/Hawkswill/media/TheFugitiveWardandHank.jpg.html]

• Well, thanks EK, it worked. Now I will post some of the pics from Scott on the Three Bad Men page. I will also call Bill and explain things to him in case he hasn't figured it out, yet. Thanks again,
    KEITH Scroll down for The Fugitive picture.

Edited once, last by Hawkswill: forgot ().

• Nice tutorial, Keith!

Thanks Kevin, Sometimes EK leaves things out, (he is so used to doing them). I called Bill, and he got it right away, although he couldn't before. I have done many a tech manual on all kinds of power tools. Also a great many on setting up food and beverage for large events. Have done quite a few on New software installations. Wouldn't mind explaining new things to folks here if you would like.....no charge even, since there is such a problem with a lot of new things. Some folks are better at things than are others. For instance, I couldn't even begin to do the massive amount of copying and pasting that EK does. He is amazing. Makes some nice comments of his own also. Wouldn't mind writing up a proper tutorial for the photo posting that includes everything if you want. Just one of the few things I am good at. Let me know. KEITH

• Quote from Hawkswill;129364

Thanks Kevin, Sometimes EK leaves things out, (he is so used to doing them). I called Bill, and he got it right away, although he couldn't before. I have done many a tech manual on all kinds of power tools. Also a great many on setting up food and beverage for large events. Have done quite a few on New software installations. Wouldn't mind explaining new things to folks here if you would like.....no charge even, since there is such a problem with a lot of new things. Some folks are better at things than are others. For instance, I couldn't even begin to do the massive amount of copying and pasting that EK does. He is amazing. Makes some nice comments of his own also. Wouldn't mind writing up a proper tutorial for the photo posting that includes everything if you want. Just one of the few things I am good at. Let me know. KEITH

Hawkswill, my comment was directed to Keith (ethanedwards), but thanks for all you do here, and for being apart of the community. :)

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Forum Runner

• Some members seem to have a problem posting images, and other members don't!
    Can you please post the problem here,
    as we realize some members have not posted as a result

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England