Civil War Movies- Index/Discussion

There are 32 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 86,315 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Stay away from: Yellowneck--it has a no name cast--no budget, no acting talent and almost no story. Its a story of 5 or 5 confederates who escape the yankee PW camp they were in--escaping into the Everglades--and wind up getting into trouble with the Seminole Indians. The story was stupid (had their been a real cast, real money spent and the movie made by people who knew how to make movies, it might have been good) but--it was a complete waste of time. The movie stills ive seen from the movie are the best thing about the movie.

One I have not seen mentioned (but could be somewhere) is: A Time For Killing w/ Glenn Ford, Harry Dean Stanton and a young Harrison Ford. Oh and also has whats-his-face? the guy who played Jethro Bodine in: The Beverly Hillbillies--in it.

Another I liked was: Escape From Fort Bravo w/ Williams: Holden, Demarest, Campbell and John Forsythe.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Here is another one for you that was good though is now--sadly--a public domain movie. It is: Drums of the Deep South w/ Guy Madison and Barton Maclane. I thought it was a pretty good movie as it depicts a group of Confederate Artillerymen who are trying to stop some Yank trains and Guy Madison plays a Yank Cav officer while Barton Maclane is a Sergeant in the Confederate Artillery.

• Here is another that comes to mind and is a favorite of mine called: The Last Outpost w/ Bruce Bennett, Ronald Reagan & Noah Beery Jr. Its a film about the Civil War on the Western Front--and Reagan is in command of the Confederate Cavalry and Bruch Bennett--his older brother--is in command of the yankee forces. They band together later on to stop the Apaches Indians.

• Thank you Keith. I found a source for some nice images from both those movies--but I cant afford them yet. Ill try getting a few from both probably around May--after I recover a bit from the rifle purchase ;-))

• All the movies highlighted in our list
    have now been reviewed.
    This forum is currently complete.

Thanks for everyone's input,
    and should any more Civil War Movies come to mind,
    please let us know.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England