All ""reality shows"" are so scripted.

There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 22,207 times. The latest Post () was by Sterling Price.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I especially dislike things like Big Brother that give people with no discernable talents the chance to garner publicity for no reason at all. Things like Jersey Shore and the like.

Same here and, if I recall correctly? wasnt the British that had the original "Big Brother" show? If so? we can all blame them for the downfall of TV :lol::lol::lol:

PS, I HATE anything to do with honey boo boo and the kardashians.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• One food reality show I like is Guy Fieri's, Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. He goes around the country to different eating establishments, usually small ones and never big fancy places, and tries some of their more popular dishes. He hangs in the kitchens with the chefs and watchs how they prepare the dish, then he tries a sample of it, and makes the rounds of the dining rooms to get the patrons views and always with his trademark sense of humor. He usually does three places per 30 minute show. And it is probably scripted to some degree to allow for mistakes, but it's quite entertaining and you do get to see some tasty looking meals.

I admit--I like his show too--but every time I watch it-I gain 30 pounds. :lol;:lol:

• Hi Mrs C. Stakeout is now also going way overboard and isnt worth the time. Its on the same night as Sons of Guns (aka) Red Jacket Firearms--which is barely watchable as it is. That show is starting to grate my nerves with the stupidity of their scripts. The only reason I still watch them is I can actually learn something extra on fixing guns and such.

• I too enjoy Man V Food and DDAD they both make me hungry though! American restaurants put us to shame

Man vs Food was ok--but that one is also starting to grate on my nerves. I expect him to die of Heart disease in the near future. :(

• I used to like to watch Man vs Food, also. As good as all those meals looked, when you sit down and try to eat something like a huge massive pizza or whatever it is like he did, it's gonna cause some trouble inside you. I love to eat, but there's no way I could do what he did. I don't even go to buffet places anymore because one pass through the line and I've had enough.

• He's had to end the show because of health issues, apparently he was vegetarian when not making the show because of the strains it put on his health. Not worth it for any tv show.

I was wondering why they kept showing repeats of stuff he did-kind of like a "Best Of" thing.

• I used to like to watch Man vs Food, also. As good as all those meals looked, when you sit down and try to eat something like a huge massive pizza or whatever it is like he did, it's gonna cause some trouble inside you. I love to eat, but there's no way I could do what he did. I don't even go to buffet places anymore because one pass through the line and I've had enough.

Last time I was able to eat more than a plate full fo food-was when I was in College and was about 23 years old. All college students ate too much, my friends and I did so as well. The last "All you can eat" place i went to was Pizza Hut--and even then--I didnt eat much. I dont like All you can eat places either.

• Just saw an ad for tonite's "Pawn Stars"-Ethan Wayne will be on it. Hope to hell they don't have him either pawning something of Duke's, or worse, having "Big Hoss" or Chumley tell Ethan all about some prop Duke used. I'm almost afraid to watch, but I will...

• Just saw an ad for tonite's "Pawn Stars"-Ethan Wayne will be on it. Hope to hell they don't have him either pawning something of Duke's, or worse, having "Big Hoss" or Chumley tell Ethan all about some prop Duke used. I'm almost afraid to watch, but I will...

Didnt know about thsi and thanks. I think ill watch it as well and see how they try to shaft Ethan.

• Ethan Wayne did precisely what his father would have expected him to do on that Pawn Stars TV episode yesterday. Be polite, meticulously accurate and decisive in his evaluation about that "John Wayne sword" that poor fellow brought in to sell thinking it was real. Sure as hell looked "real" to me ~ but as we all now know, it was just another beautiful looking "fake". But perhaps even more shocking to the current owner of the sword was Ethan's proof that even the "Certificate of Authenticity" itself was not only a fake ~ but also a forgery. :ops: Caveat Emptor.

• Thanks, I'll watch the episode tonight or tomorrow for fun. Seems like Ethan was brought in only to authenticate the sword? Personnally, I don't know how he would be able to, but maybe it's explained in the episode.

• It's really the on-camera telephone call that Ethan places to the actual person who is 'said' to have authenticated this unusual looking Cavalry movie-sword ~ and who also just happens to be a personal friend of Ethan Wayne.

When Ethan's friend verifies that the document actually does look like his "signature" (via photo phone) ~ but definitely is not consistent withanything else he also sees on the document (neither does he even remember ever authenticating this item) then the expression on the current owner's face is absolutely priceless. Obviously he is quite shocked because, as he says, he also has a number of other rare items "authenticated" by the same person who sold him this movie sword and bogus certificate.

On the one hand I feel somewhat sympathetic towards this poor fellow. He looked "honest and genuine" enough to me as so many others do who 'honestly' believe they are buying something 'genuine' (and presumably valuable) ~ but then only to find out much later that they have become nothing more than just another unwitting pawn of someone else's cunning and greed.

William Claude Fields Jr. (aka W.C.) ~ unfortunately had it right all along. Apparently there really is one born every minute. :wink_smile:

• Ok-watched it, and it did make sense. Ethan didn't authenticate it, he called the head of Western Costume to have it authenticated, and it was he that deemed it a fake due to forged paperwork.

• By the way, they have had at least one other supposed Duke item come in previously, a Stetson-but it was found to be fake also due to it being either a 7 or 7.5 size-too small to have been worn by Duke.