Manly Dancing

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,784 times. The latest Post () was by Paula.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Duke always said that dancing was manly. And, he always looked so, doing it. However, here is a different type by two famous folks. ONE, if you haven't seen him dance and mainly think of him as the gangster type, you will be most pleasantly surprised. And if you go to YOUTUBE and click on the large screen, you will find a much better than usual video. Have fun, KEITH Scroll on down for the link.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Well, for some reason, I haven't been able to do the YouTubes correctly for a while....used to do them all the time. So here is the link. It is worth it every bit! Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f…r_embedded&v=JOoNOs8Ql28#!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Cagney's tap dance to "Give My Regards to Broadway" in Yankee Doodle Dandy is one of the greatest dance routines ever committed to film -- there have been times when I've watched it over and over, obsessively. Cagney was one of the great movie dancers and I wish the studios had capitalized on that more, but I guess it didn't fit in with his tough guy image.

Bob Hope was no slouch either. :)

Is John Wayne's most famous dance the jitterbug in The Fighting Seabees? We'll all be able to see him cutting that rug in Blu-ray soon. ;) Since I can never get the youtube embed function to work either, here's the direct link:

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Ben Johnson danced in some of his films -- Wagon Master, Dillinger, and Soggy Bottom, USA come to mind. But then, he liked to dance as you can see from the photo below, which was published in Photoplay, March 1950. His dad, Ben Sr., loved squaredancing and was one of the most accomplished squaredance callers in his part of Oklahoma.

• Yep Paula, believe that was the first one I saw him sing and dance.....I was hooked as a child!

I believe I read on your site, that Ben, Sr. was one of the few people who could CALL AND DANCE a squaredance....most difficult thing to do.

And you could tell by the ear splitting grins that Son enjoyed dancing also! LOVE his smiles!

Love calling him SON also. I know his family and friends called him that. If ANYONE could be considered a friend of his, it is YOU! LOL! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Well, for some reason, I haven't been able to do the YouTubes correctly for a while....used to do them all the time. So here is the link. It is worth it every

Is John Wayne's most famous dance the jitterbug in The Fighting Seabees? We'll all be able to see him cutting that rug in Blu-ray soon. ;) Since I can never get the youtube embed function to work either, here's the direct link:

Keith and Paula.I have now edited your links, so they're OK now

Here also is a link to a long standing thread
    relaring to
    John Wayne Dancing
    and ironically Paula
    starts with a post about The Fight Seabees routine

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().