3:10 to Yuma (2007)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 113 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

• Originally posted by ethanedwards@Feb 23 2006, 09:22 PM
      Hi,

I thought the original was brilliant,
      right from the moment Frankie Laine,
      starts singing the title song.
      Well, they haven't beat Duke's [b]The Alamo
      so they'll also have to go some ,to beat this one.
      [snapback]27833[/snapback]

[/b]

I totally agree, Jay
      this what I thought, at the top of this thread,

Best Wishes
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England
    • I agree with Erthomp and Jay, but only 99% this time. Reason being is, that I have seen at least one remake--that was better than the original. That movie is: The Four Feathers. Off-hand I can't think of any othre remakes that are better than the originals. The 1976(?) version of King Kong was good, but I still like the 1933 version much better.

Can you imagine seeing what a remake of: The Great Escape would look like? :fear: I shudder the thought.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Sep 30 2006, 02:49 PM
      !!Can you imagine seeing what a remake of: [b] The Great Escape would look like?  :fear:  I shudder the thought.
      [snapback]35095[/snapback]

[/b]

Shiver, shudder, cringe, cringe, cringe :stunned: !!! I fully agree with that statement. Somebody would probably try to get Brad Pitt :dead: to star.
      Cheers - Jay :D
      Cheers - Jay:beer:
      "Not hardly!!!"
    • Hi,

Even worse, imagine re-makes of some of Duke's classics.

Imagine the hash, they could make of say

The Searchers
      True Grit
      etc

After all, you only have to take a look at the re-makes of

Stagecoach and The Alamo to get some idea!!
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England
    • Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Sep 30 2006, 02:49 PM
      I agree with Erthomp and Jay, but only 99% this time. Reason being is, that I have seen at least one remake--that was better than the original. That movie is: [b] The Four Feathers. Off-hand I can't think of any othre remakes that are better than the originals. The 1976(?) version of King Kong was good, but I still like the 1933 version much better.

Can you imagine seeing what a remake of: The Great Escape would look like?  :fear:  I shudder the thought.
      [snapback]35095[/snapback]

[/b]

Gees Ringo, don't even mention remaking that great movie.

But, I am intrigued by this remake. I liked Christian Bale as the "new" Batman. and I have enjoyed Crowe in Galdiator, Master and Commander, and Cinderella Man.
      Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
      -John Wayne
    • Re: "3:10 To Yuma" trailor looks good

That looks like it's gone to be pretty darn good. I'm glad that they still find the time to put out westerns now and then for us fans. Never enough, mind you, but at least they try.:wink_smile:

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

This might be a pretty good movie from what I see in the trailer. You know, I need to see the original movie back when. I just might need to purchase this movie and see it before the fall.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote

DukePilgrim wrote:

Doesn't look bad. Could this be the year of the Westerns!!!
      If one strikes Gold at the Box Office there will be a rush to make them.
      Mike

Interesting thought, you're right, movie popularity sort of runs in cycles. If a few westerns take off, watch out, it could be the 50's all over again.:hyper:

Chester :newyear: