3:10 to Yuma (2007)

There are 113 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 46,561 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• that fine actor was richard jaeckel. who also was one of the young marines in the sands of iwo jima at the age of seventeen. also played the sgt. in the dirty dozen.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• The movie will be coming out Tuesday, January 8 at your local video stores, etc. in the U.S. So I am looking forward to getting mine and watching it. I haven't seen this version yet, and think if its anywhere as good as the original 1957 series, then what a treat. Didn't realize that it's been 50 years since the original was done. Maybe a coincidence but I bet that was planned.

Get yours on Tuesday.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Ditto's to what gt12pak said. I look forward to seeing this movie come out January 8.

Well, I was our local video store's first customer this morning to make sure I was able to rent one of their copies.

It wasn't a bad Western at all; in fact, it was a pretty good representative for the genre. I didn't like the way it ended but there have been more than a few movies that ended that way. I didn't think it was as good as "Open Range" though, which I thought was the best by far that's been made since "The Shootist".

I was more impressed with the acting of the guy that played Crowe's right-hand man than I was with the performances of either Crowe or Bale. That was one cold, heartless dude in a role that will be remembered.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Ben Foster.

Thanks, May. After watching the movie, I looked up the cast list on IMDB and learned the guy's name. I thought he played the part of a psycho killer to perfection. That young man probably has a bright future in the movie industry, if this performance was any indicator. I liked the performance of the boy who played Bale's teenage son too.

• Well after all the previews and all the hype, I'll have to say that I was somewhat disappointed with this movie. Although seeing Peter Fonda in a movie was nice, and I really do think Russell Crowe can play a western character very well. (and I hope to see him in more westerns), the movie was just a bit too much on the dialogue and not enough on the action. The ending however does pick it up a bit however and yes, the ending was not what I had expected. There is a twist and no, I won't give it away. Overall, I'd probably give it a 5 out of 10. Not a bad movie, just not what I expected.

Now I guess I'll wait for Comanche Moon.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I picked up my copy from the video store tonight after I prepurchased it the other day. I haven't seen it yet and may have to wait until the weekend or maybe Friday night to see it. I saw the original one, so I am looking forward to seeing and reading your comments are interesting. No one mention the comparison of the two, so I guess when I see it I will compare the two. Stay tuned.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• We think you will enjoy the comparison.

Although there are plot similarities. there are also many differences in the two films. I liked them both and would be hard pressed to pick my favorite. Russell Crowe is one of my favorite actors of the new generation, whereas Glenn Ford was a favorite of the older generation. I think in both the old and new versions, the bad guys have the most interesting characterizations.

• The newer version has a run time of 122 minutes while the other version has only 97 minutes. I guess the newer one has more action scenes. I have seen the one with Glen Ford. Can't wait to see the other. Maybe on Firday.

- John Wayne quote

• I picked up my copy last week before I headed out of town to snowmobile. I saw it 2 times at the theater so I will just let someone else comment on the movie. Obviously if I seen it 2 times in the theater I liked it!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I finally watched the movie Friday. I liked it fine. I like the original better, but this one is good. The acting is really good. Just too much violence, and a little unrealistic. But I will keep it and see it again and again.

- John Wayne quote

• As I watched it again last night some thoughts came to mind but I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet. Suffice to say, I thought that at a few points in the film that things could have turned out far different then they did.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne