Friendly Persuasion (1956)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 37 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Little One.

• Re: Civil War Movies- Friendly Persuasion (1956)

Gard and Mattie
      Images
      • y2..JPG

74.65 kB, 902×863, viewed 7 times
      • y7..jpg

99.17 kB, 1,038×630, viewed 7 times
      • y1..JPG

74.81 kB, 947×938, viewed 8 times
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." (Jim Elliot)

One of my favorite films. The casting was so good. Cooper, Dorothy McGuire. The two love stories, the little boy and the Goose. The music.
      A five star movie.
      "A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

colkid60 wrote:

One of my favorite films. The casting was so good. Cooper, Dorothy McGuire. The two love stories, the little boy and the Goose. The music.
      A five star movie.

I love the little boy, too!
      Images
      • y3..JPG

50.04 kB, 741×840, viewed 8 times
      • z2..JPG

86.05 kB, 1,092×858, viewed 6 times
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." (Jim Elliot)

Let's bring this Great Movie back to the present time on the website. New pictures have been posted. Outside of the Civil War affecting their life and it's tensions.
      It is one of the best period movies of those days and as Quakers. There is a gentleness about these people before the war affected them.
      The horse races to church and the dialog in church is very good and interesting also.
      "A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower
    • "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." (Jim Elliot)