""Educators"" w/o common sence--NEVER fail to amaze me.

There are 9 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,433 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Two seven year old students were suspended from school because they were playing with VERY ""offensive"" pencils and going bang bang.

Here is basically what the school and so-called ""teacher"" thinks they can make out of a pencil:

Anyway, the ""teacher"" told the students to stop playing that game--which they did immediately--and STILL got punished.

I guess that ""teacher"" didnt grow up playing:Cowboys and Indians or Americans and Germans.

Glad I dont have any kids in school. If I had any of school age? they would be HOME-SCHOOLED.

PS, I cant spell today but sence SHOULD be sense.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Just in--more "Breaking News" on this atrocity. It was reported that the "Assault Pencil"" had the capacity to carry 50 erasers. :lol::lol::lol:

• Carl...it isn't the same as it was when we were kids. I'm 52 (well, I will be in August, God willing), and aside from Charles Whitman picking off folks from the clock tower at UT Austin in 1966, folks could send their kids to school without having to worry about them being shot up, blown up, stabbed, or otherwise mangled.

Oddly enough, I was stabbed in the head by one of those giant red pencils by another kid just for introducing myself to him! I had a mark on my head for 15 years!

Anyway, aside from whatever punishment the boys received, lets not be too hard on the teachers. I was one for many years. They have too much to deal with these days, and have to wear too many hats. If they let things like this go, they get fussed at, if they get on the boys for using pencils as toy guns, they get fussed at...they simply can't win.

Being honest, kids CAN get hurt playing with pencils, as I'm living proof of this fact...let's just not get carried away punishing them when proper instruction about safety would suffice!

• Hi T/ I agree with you about 99% but--many of these educators show and use no common sense. Here is another case in point I stumbled across while looking for something totally unrelated: This happened on March 30.

2nd grader by the name of Anne Arundel-who attends the Brooklyn Park Elementary School, was suspended from school because of a Pastery he was eating and the way he ate it. He was eating Pop Tart (Strawberry flavored at that) and it rudely could have with lots of imagination--COULD have looked like a hand gun. Well, his "mistake" was that he held it in his hand and pointed it at the ceiling. The Assistant Principal: Myrna Phillips--called his Father in to pick him up--which was about 9:20 am--and the Father arrived and went to her office. He asked: "Was anyone scared by the Pastry?" Her reply: "Someone could have been." There had been no complaints about the kid and the pastry.

• It's often a thankless job really being a teacher, I was lucky as I had some cracking ones who were really good people who treated me like a man and valued my work ethic. Stories like this do illustrate to a point how far things have gone with worry and hysteria but it's important to remember that those same teachers could have lost their jobs had these incidents went any further, the pressure their under is huge.

• It's often a thankless job really being a teacher, I was lucky as I had some cracking ones who were really good people who treated me like a man and valued my work ethic. Stories like this do illustrate to a point how far things have gone with worry and hysteria but it's important to remember that those same teachers could have lost their jobs had these incidents went any further, the pressure their under is huge.

Though im sure someone here will object to MY words but--I have several friends who are or were--Teachers including one who is still a Principal of his school in Michigan. Anyway, Ted--a teacher friend of mine in Spokane Washington--as well as Fred (here in Corpus Christi-and is the Vietnam Vet who earned 8 Purple Hearts) both--admitted to me the percentages of Conservative educators as to those on the "other side" is anywhere from approx 85-90% non Conservative. This is partly why none of my Great Nieces and Great Nephews-are in Public Schools.

• Heh hhe, I was in Kindergarten and the 1st grade-public school-then 2-5 I was in two different Catholic Schools. It diddnt matter in my case--and im funning on myself :lol::lol:

• I went to St. Gertrudes and then Ephiphany Episcopal. What I liked were the smallish classes. Other than that-I hated the uniforms we were forced to wear.