TV Guide-Special Edition

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,464 times. The latest Post () was by BatjacAuburn.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well... harumph! I checked two newsstands (supermarket and Barnes and Noble) and no American Cowboy and no TV Guide special edition. Not surprising about American Cowboy, it's usually not stocked on newsstands here in the Deep South y'all, but I would have thought the TV Guide special edition would have shown up, as TV Guide is carried everywhere. In fact, there are no copies of either on ebay right now either -- there were a couple of each but they were snapped up before I could get mine.

However, HorseBooksetc. always carries American Cowboy so you can get the new issue with the John Wayne cover here:

http://horsebooksetc.com/produ…e_in_the_USA-1470-41.html

I'm hoping more copies of the TV Guide special edition will make their way to ebay or finally show up in the supermarket.

• I saw both of those at Walmart and picked them up. The TV Guide is full of Duke memories and looks to me like all his movie posters all the way back to the beginning. It is cool. Maybe check out Walmart.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I will go to our local Walmart and see if I can find any copies, since the supermarket doesn't have them. If they're not at the Walmart, then ebay will be your friend, Irish Duke. :)

I got my (ebay) copy of the current American Cowboy with John Wayne on the cover. The story actually is Jimmy Carter's forward from John Wayne: The Genuine Article, with a selection of several wonderful pictures from the new book. Also, there is a capsule (positive) review of Scott Nollen's Three Bad Men, which should please Hawskwill. ;)

• Got mine today at Walmart. Very good looking magazine. Many photos, some I've seen, some I haven't. I'm glad I spent the money.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Our local Barnes and Nobles had these in south Alabama. Those of you still looking might look there. I picked up a couple of extra ones that I would be willing to share if someone can't get one. The last one on E-bay this week sold for $29 + shipping. These cost $11.25 and I had to drive 45 minutes each way to get them I'll let two of them go for $15 each plus postage.

Ethan I know this should probably go on the trading post but I'm really just trying to help out.