The Lone Ranger (2013)

There are 129 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 50,418 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• If they want to make the film, that's fine. Will I watch it? No. The Lone Ranger is, and will always be Clayton Moore. Period. I didn't watch the last remake with the Spillsbury guy, and I won't watch this one. Hollywood will just screw it up anyway.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• If they want to make the film, that's fine. Will I watch it? No. The Lone Ranger is, and will always be Clayton Moore. Period. I didn't watch the last remake with the Spillsbury guy, and I won't watch this one. Hollywood will just screw it up anyway.

Im with you Bob, Clayton Moore IS the Lone Ranger and I aint watching any reincarnation of the character. I still have not and most likely will not-watch the remake of True Grit. Nobody can do one of Duke's characters as far as im concerned.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I can't express my disappointment eloquently, but I was hoping for a dignified Tonto.

Ditto on that. I was hoping for a more "Tarditional" Tonto-not somehting that looks like he will kill you, rip open your chest, cut out your still beating heart and eat it. Im greatly irritated over their choice for Tonto. >:-((

• I cant keep positive on this one. Where's Jay Silverheels when you need him? :(

• Maybe I'm too stuck in the 50's, but I don't like the look. Maybe it is more traditional, but I like Jay Silverheels look much better.

Maj. Amos Dundee: I have only three commands. When I signal you to come, you come. When I signal you to charge, you charge. And when I signal you to run - you follow me and run like *hell*!

Major Dundee (1965)

• I guess we should wait to see the movie. Remember all our comments about the remake of True Grit. As it turned out, wasn't a half bad rendition.

Chester :newyear:

I should but, somehow, I just cant. To me this is like when they remade Inglorious Bas--ds. I always said that you cant make an Eagle out of a Turkey. As for True Grit-not that I have anything against Bridges--I this is another one of those: "I just Cants" if you know what I mean? ;-))