The Lone Ranger (2013)

There are 129 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 50,411 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Totally DITTO, on that ;-))

I remember The Lone Ranger on Saturday mornings here in the UK in the 70s, normally back to back with Champion, The Wonder Horse!

It's a tall order to try and compete with Silverheels and Clayton Moore but I'm pleased they are doing a film as it keeps the character alive.

I was actually at Monument Valley when Johnny Depp was there meeting the president of the Navajo Nation and filming. Total fluke, as I'm sure you all know by now I was there on my Honeymoon:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I remember The Lone Ranger on Saturday mornings here in the UK in the 70s, normally back to back with Champion, The Wonder Horse!

It's a tall order to try and compete with Silverheels and Clayton Moore but I'm pleased they are doing a film as it keeps the character alive.

I was actually at Monument Valley when Johnny Depp was there meeting the president of the Navajo Nation and filming. Total fluke, as I'm sure you all know by now I was there on my Honeymoon:wink_smile:

Neat story. My thing on depp is I think he is a good actor--I just don't like he or his politics. Now he has another thing on him I detest--his "defacing" a classic Western Character and turning it into a freak (as is his norm) it seems.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Neat story. My thing on depp is I think he is a good actor--I just don't like he or his politics. Now he has another thing on him I detest--his "defacing" a classic Western Character and turning it into a freak (as is his norm) it seems.

I know where you're coming from but I'm still pleased the character lives on.
    So many great fictional character disappear as time goes by.

• I'll keep an open mind until I learn more, but I would have been pleased if Adam Beach had been cast instead. He's the native American who starred in "Windtalkers" and easily stole the show.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Agreed, unfortunately they went for a big name.
    I actually met some of the Navajo whose grandfathers served as windtalkers, they are all very proud of their contribution, even the Burger King in Kayenta has a display cabinet with artefacts from WWII!

• I dunno, I never saw Cowboys and Aliens. ;-))

You're not missing much.
    I had high ish hopes due to the calibre of people involved but it ended up another sci fi spectacle with very little substance.

Sure this one for Chester to fall asleep in front of.:wink_smile:

• I know where you're coming from but I'm still pleased the character lives on.
    So many great fictional character disappear as time goes by.

I was taught a neat meaning in Spanish by my next door neighbor-a nice lady I chat with all the time. To me--depp is Muchobaboso--meaning: Big Idiot (or) something like that. :lol: I agree with another whose post I read--I think Adam Beach should have been Tonto.

• You're not missing much.
    I had high ish hopes due to the calibre of people involved but it ended up another sci fi spectacle with very little substance.

I also heard that Battleship was pretty lame. I like Liam Neesen but--too many things I see about this movie are all negatory.

• I also heard that Battleship was pretty lame. I like Liam Neesen but--too many things I see about this movie are all negatory.

Haven't seen it, it totally sank, pun intended, at the box office.

Think that's one to wait for on late night tv.

We're way off topic now! :wink_smile:

• You're not missing much.

It certainly doesn't take much, nowadays to get the eyelids a drooping!
    But, in this case, I did stay awake for the movie, though the thought of zonking out did occur to me several times. :sleep_1::sleep_1::sleep_1:

Chester :newyear:

• Haven't seen it, it totally sank, pun intended, at the box office.

Think that's one to wait for on late night tv.

We're way off topic now! :wink_smile:

:lol::lol::lol: Loved the pun and I heard it made $1 buck for every $4 spent on its making.

The Lone Ranger--there-back on topic ;-))