Hell on Wheels (2011-2016)

There are 55 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 30,896 times. The latest Post () was by alamo221.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• That's great news, May. I have really taken a liking to the show. Networks are way to quick on the trigger nowadays, not allowing shows to gain steam. Glad this one is getting a chance.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Good news. I really enjoyed the first season. Let's hope this season is as good or even better than the last.

Mark

• Never heard of it, but then I suppose you must have TV to watch it.....not available out here, LOL and satellite got a bit too expensive. Anyway to watch it on the Internet? Thanks.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Never heard of it, but then I suppose you must have TV to watch it.....not available out here, LOL and satellite got a bit too expensive. Anyway to watch it on the Internet? Thanks.

You can rent or buy the first season on DVD and Blu-ray. It's very interesting watch, KPKEITH. It is on AMC, so if you get satellite, don't get DISH. They don't get AMC.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• AMC’s ‘Hell On Wheels’ Lower In Return

The second season premiere of AMC’s Hell On Wheels last night drew 2.5 million total viewers; 793,000 of them in the 18-49 demographic; 1 million in 25-54. That was down from the series’ first season opener (4.3 million) and closer (2.9 million). The period Western was hit with a double whammy as it aired against the closing ceremony of the London Olympics at a time when AMC’s viewership continues to suffer from the lack of carriage on Dish Network. Add to that the fact that Hell On Wheels is a self starter this time around vs. airing behind hit The Walking Dead last season and that its ratings declined for most of its freshman season, and the drop is not that surprising but still alarming for the drama’s long-term prospects if it follows a ratings trajectory similar to Season 1.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/0…n-wheels-lower-in-return/

• I hope it doesn't get canceled. I enjoy it and looked forward to the second season. Let's hope it picks up "steam".

Mark

• You can rent or buy the first season on DVD and Blu-ray. It's very interesting watch, KPKEITH. It is on AMC, so if you get satellite, don't get DISH. They don't get AMC.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

Thanks Mike. All money going to expenses at the moment. Thank goodness for the internet and folks like Peter who send me movies, LOL! I even cancelled Netflix because they lost my Westerns like Wagon Train, HGWT, and Gunsmoke. Without streaming, they want too much money for 3 DVDs at a time...so I cancelled them.
    Later, when business picks up, I will be able to do as you say. Thanks again for the info and answering me. Keith (bud)Does this emoticon remind you of anything? Perhaps a Group Watch, LOL? Thought it was perfect when I found it!

• AMC’s ‘Hell On Wheels’ Renewed For Third Season, Creators Joe & Tony Gayton Exit

AMC has given a 10-episode third season renewal to Hell On Wheels. However, the Western drama’s creators Joe and Tony Gayton are stepping down as executive producers and will no longer be involved day-to-day on the show. They may consult. John Shiban continues as showrunner. The Gaytons had a two-year contract for Hell On Wheels, which is up. The two were very involved in the show early on, gradually focusing their attention on new projects — they recently sold a drama project to NBC.

The renewal comes on the heels of the Western drama wrapping its second season earlier this month with a solid average of 2.4 million viewers. That was down from the average of 3 million viewers for the show’s freshman season — but this time around, Hell On Wheels did not have blockbuster The Walking Dead as a lead-in and was impacted by the lack of AMC carriage on Dish Network.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/1…renewed-for-third-season/

• 'Hell on Wheels': Showrunner exits, putting season 3 renewal on hold

Hell on Wheels may be spinning its wheels for a little while. John Shiban, the showrunner of AMC’s birth-of-the-transcontinental railroad drama, has stepped down, prompting the network to put Monday’s third-season renewal on hold, at least temporarily, while it searches for his replacement.

Here is the statement from AMC, and Entertainment One and Endemol, which produce the show: “John Shiban has informed AMC, Entertainment One and Endemol that while he was fully on board when the network informed him about their intent to pick up Hell on Wheels, he has since made the personal decision that he will be unable to return as showrunner. He has asked the production partners to seek a replacement showrunner. Like all of our shows, network pick-ups are always conditioned on an approved showrunner. We are confident that eOne and Endemol will satisfy that obligation in the near future.”

“I’m very proud of our work on Hell on Wheels and was thrilled to hear the show would have a Season Three,” Shiban said via statement. “I have since made the difficult decision that the time has come for me to leave. I care deeply about the series and will do whatever I can to aid in the transition to ensure the continued success of the show. I truly value all the time I have spent with this wonderful group of very talented people.”

Shiban, an executive producer of the series, was elevated to showrunner before season 2. Creators/executive producers Joe and Tony Gayton will not be involved in the day-to-day operations of season 3, but will serve in consulting roles.

Hell on Wheels, which averaged 2.4 million viewers in its second season, is tentatively slated to begin production on season 3 in the spring.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11…season-3-renewal-on-hold/

• Is this a TV show, Mark? If so, why I don't know it. Going to fall asleep watching Stagecoach tonight. Maybe something new will come to me. Don't know why I am so tired tonight. Supposed to be writing an article for tomorrow. Will get up around 4am and finish it.....have all the research.
    HAGO, KEITH