Women of All Nations (1932)

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,404 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• WOMEN OF ALL NATIONS

DIRECTED BY RAOUL WALSH
    FOX FILM CORPORATION

Information from IMDb

Plot Summary
    Marines Flagg and Quirt fought together in WWI and Panama.
    After some time in New York they go to Sweden and compete for the love of Else.
    Next they go to Nicaragua and help earthquake victims.
    Then to Egypt where Else is now in Prince Hassan's harem.
    Written by Ed Stephan

Full Cast
    Victor McLaglen ... Captain Jim Flagg
    Edmund Lowe ... Sergeant Harry Quirt
    Greta Nissen ... Elsa
    El Brendel ... Olsen
    Humphrey Bogart ... Stone (scenes deleted)
    Mischa Auer ... Hassan's Aide (uncredited)
    T. Roy Barnes ... Captain of the Marines (uncredited)
    Joyce Compton ... Kiki (uncredited)
    Fifi D'Orsay ... Fifi (uncredited)
    Max Davidson ... Izzie's Father (uncredited)
    Jesse De Vorska ... Izzie Kaplan (uncredited)
    Curley Dresden ... Mullen (uncredited)
    Charles Judels ... Leon (uncredited)
    Marion Lessing ... Gretchen (uncredited)
    Bela Lugosi ... Prince Hassan (uncredited)
    Arthur McLaglen ... Marine (uncredited)
    Otto Meyer ... Busher (uncredited)
    Cecilia Parker ... Undetermined Role (uncredited)
    Ruth Warren ... Ruth (uncredited)
    Marjorie White ... Margie aka Pee Wee (uncredited)

Writing Credits
    Maxwell Anderson characters
    Barry Conners dialogue
    Laurence Stallings characters

Original Music
    Carli Elinor
    R.H. Bassett (uncredited)

Cinematography
    Lucien N. Andriot

Trivia
    Stone (Humphrey Bogart) does not appear in all prints.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• I. “The rare Fox production was originally 95 minutes but was cut to 72 minutes before release, eliminating small roles by both Humphrey Bogart and John Wayne (still visible in the background!). It was recently restored (still at 72 minutes) by UCLA.” (Michael J. Weldon)6

II. "Of all the "possible" titles linked to John Wayne, WOMEN OF ALL NATIONS seems the unlikeliest candidates, even with the availability of existing copies to view. One source that tied the Duke's name to the project was Foothill Video of California. Its owner informed one of our readers that researchers at UCLA who had worked on a restoration of the film contended that it was none other than an un-credited John Wayne, in heavy makeup and a wig, playing Olaf, the giant, lovesick-crazed, Swedish boyfriend of the heroine. The copy I have is of poor quality; I can't spot anything in the mannerisms and vocalizations of this character to make me confident that I am watching John Wayne. Is it possible? I suppose so. But Wayne would have been in his last few weeks of employment for the Fox studios when WOMEN began shooting in February of '31. Could Director Walsh have thrown his Big Trail protégé a small part as he faced the news that Fox would not be renewing his contract? Bears thinking.” Volume 15 No, 59

With thanks to Elly
    John Wayne Before Stagecoach

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Good Morning Ethan,

I recently found this uncredited appearance of the Duke, and found an outlet to purchase it.....
    My question is....95% of all lists of Dukes appearances never include this film, "Shamrock Handicap" or "Sweetheart of Sigma Chi", yet they are available for purchase,
    and DO have very short scene's with Duke in them if you look very close! Us hard core Duke Collectors are wondering if there are other Films out there that don't make it on
    the storied list of Films. I have 162 of his films of 172 (last est) he appeared in (11 lost or in the LOC) and I really feel there might be a more up to date list we could review
    for possible purchase.....
    No matter if he is in the Film for a 4 sec scene or a Oscar winning roll everyone knows and loves, these titles should all be on a Master List.....I have seen a *John Wayne could have been in these films* list, but why hasn't a Duke enthusiast/Film Historian taken the time to review this list?...Seems a shame!
    Your comments are welcome!

• Ethan...This Film does not appear on 99% of Dukes List of Appearances! And I think there is a list out there of *Duke may have appeared in one or more of these Films*..
    Why hasn't a Film Historian does his/her research on these *possible* appearances?

• Ethan...This Film does not appear on 99% of Dukes List of Appearances! And I think there is a list out there of *Duke may have appeared in one or more of these Films*..
    Why hasn't a Film Historian does his/her research on these *possible* appearances?

Thanks for you post.
    It has always been of interest on this forum of possible Duke sightings!

We do have this thread, including compilations of our long time member elly

Duke's Missing and Rare Movies

also see here

John Wayne, Before Stagecoach

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Hello Keith,

Although unaccredited, I have just verified the above film has a "Quick Clip" of JW on George White's Scandles towards the beginning...

Verified on another site just now..
    What credentials must a Film have in order to be listed on our sites Filmography?

• Hello Keith,

Although unaccredited, I have just verified the above film has a "Quick Clip" of JW on George White's Scandles towards the beginning...

Verified on another site just now..
    What credentials must a Film have in order to be listed on our sites Filmography?

On our List, the proof and fact he is visibly seen and identified

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England