I'm Stumped!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cass Dowdy.

• I'm Stumped!

Howdy All,
      I am stumped! I came across some photos of the set of El Dorado, and the cast and crew were celebrating a boys birthday. The boys name is Sam. In one of the photos, you can clearly see John Wayne, James Caan, Charlene Holt, Michelle Carey, R.G. Armstrong, Howard Hawks and Christopher George, as well as several of the crew, all singing happy birthday to this kid. Does anyone know just who this kid was? Was he the son of a cast or crew member? I have searched and searched for an answer, and I can't seem to find anything on this. Thanks all,
      Bob
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.
    • Re: I'm Stumped!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Thanks for these Bob.
      Made even more interesting by as you say
      'Who is that kid?'

What a great moment for him to cherish
      and at such an age that the memory will remain vivid.

All I can say is, he must belong to someone important
      to have such illustrious company to celebrate his birthday!
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

I bet it's Hawks' grandson or nephew or something. Hawks is an all the pictures except the one on one with Duke. Hawks and Duke are the only ones standing in the second one. Hawks is really paying attention to Sam in every picture and in pictures two and four Sam is looking at Hawks like he's really important to him. Also, if the director gave a party everyone would have to show up. Wiki says Hawks was first married in 1928 and had two children from that marriage. He had another child from his second marriage between 1941 and 1949. The timing would be about right for a nine year old grandson in 1966. His obit says he had four grandchildren though I can't find their names. Beyond that I have no clue