How Many Movies Did John Wayne Say "pilgrim"?

The community standards & policies page has been updated:

For future reference the link is in the footer below.

• How many movies did John Wayne say "Pilgrim"?

If you were to ask someone (who don't really watch his
      movies, or who aren't too familiar with his movies) to act like John Wayne
      in one of his movies - - and they'll all somehow blurt out the word "Pilgrim"
      during their impersonation. It's so common to place the word "pilgrim" and
      John Wayne together.
      I know he says "pilgrim" in McLintock - and in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance,
      any others? If not, that word made a huge dent in the minds of movie fans.
      - - WARDELL72
    • WARDELL72,

Let me add my welcome to that of Robbie's - you've come to a great place to learn all about John Wayne. A great wealth of knowledge awaits you here. There are many threads to read, so if you have a specific question, I suggest you use the search tool (see it at the top right?), although I don't think your particular question has been asked before.

Just wanted to add another line that was uttered maybe only once, but is clearly linked to the guy who said it. How about "Make my day!" uttered by Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry? When he was mayor of Carmel, they even sold t-shirts with that line on it.

Chester :newyear:
    • Duke coined another phrase, that was famous in the 50's and 60's. "That'll be the Day!" from guess what movie, The Searchers. They even made a song out of it from Buddy Holley.

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote
    • No big deal but I just thought of another phrase that's improperly associated with an entertainer. People always associate Cary Grant with the phrase "Judy, Judy, Judy" and say it when they're doing impersonations of him. The fact is, he could never recall ever having said it (there are differing theories as to how it came to be associated with him). While filming CHARADE, however, Cary did jokingly say it in an outtake, just to get it on film.
    • Jen,

It's good to see you back! We haven't seen you around for awhile.

We really enjoy Cary Grant. I would guess there is NOT a web site like this one for him (as if we have the time :rolleyes: ). We just watched North by Northwest tonight, and he definitely didn't say, "Judy, Judy, Judy" and as you have already pointed out, we have never heard him say it in any of the many movies we've watched of his.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:
    • Hey Mr. & Mrs. C!

I've been around on and off - I just haven't been posting all that much of late. It's been a while since I've seen any new films so I don't have any new questions to ask right now!

Anyway, I think there probably IS a discussion board for CG, but as you suggest, there really isn't time in one's day for yet another film legend. And you know how these things snowball... it starts out small and next thing you know you're trying to collect every book, every film, and every piece of memorabilia associated with said actor... it's too much!

Btw, I love North by Northwest!