Active Member Check-in

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 90 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by dukefan1.

• Re: Active Member Check-in

Hi Gang sorry i haven't been around much but i've been concentrating a 100% on a venture myself and a friend are doing we are starting a small business called lockbox comics limited doing comics i'm of course doing the drawings and my friend is doing the script the first issue is in print and is a scifi and i'm in the process of doing issue 2 we are doing this on a shoe string ourselves , we would appreciate any support we can get , I have a western one in the pipe line . I hope it's OK to post this link if not just remove post.
      facebook.com/1826comic/
      Thanks Again.
      Graham aka CHANCE aka Chief (my comic pseudonym )
      "COME SEE A FAT OLD MAN SOMETIME"

More upgrades are on the way. THEY WERE EXPENDABLE, SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON, CHISUM and McQ are being released on blu-ray in the next few months.

SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON is being released through Warner Arhcive. Warner had better get the color and density right this time. If they screw up another John Wayne classic like they did THE SEARCHERS, I'm going to war.

HONDO 3-D and THE SONS OF KATIE ELDER -- still missing in action.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Evening everyone,
      Sorry, I haven't been around much of late, but I recently started a western Facebook page (along with a horror /mystery Facebook page) and between those projects, family, work and just life in general, I haven't been able to drop by as much as I would like. I still consider myself a proud member of this group and I'll try and stop by more often.
      Talk to you later
      They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

It has been awhile since I last commented. It is a dirty shame that the California Legislature voted down a resolution for a John Wayne Day. Texas had a John Wayne Day this year and so did Newport Port Beach, CA. It is no wonder that California is called the Left Coast. The left has ruled California for so long they believe all this BS about the country including this bathroom/locker room crap. The is not your fathers Democrat Party.

John Wayne lives at jwaynefan.com

CHANCE wrote:

Hi Gang sorry i haven't been around much but i've been concentrating a 100% on a venture myself and a friend are doing we are starting a small business called lockbox comics limited doing comics i'm of course doing the drawings and my friend is doing the script the first issue is in print and is a scifi and i'm in the process of doing issue 2 we are doing this on a shoe string ourselves , we would appreciate any support we can get , I have a western one in the pipe line . I hope it's OK to post this link if not just remove post.
      facebook.com/1826comic/
      Thanks Again.
      Graham aka CHANCE aka Chief (my comic pseudonym )

What a blast from the past - wonderful to see you Graham. Glad to hear you're doing so well.

Can we get you to pop back more often?
      Regards
      Robbie

I am still here, I love the forum and I love John Wayne..my super hero...I will do better on participating...
      "I admire your sand, Sister, but you should know this is no place for a woman"

MsReb wrote:

I am still here, I love the forum and I love John Wayne..my super hero...I will do better on participating...

Don't sweat it MsReb, just glad to see your post. ;)
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      http://www.jwayne.com

Wow! I feel like I just walked into a family reunion and am seeing long-lost family and friends!

Robbie, believe it or not, the Mrs. and I were just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing! Thanks for starting this thread and arousing the troops!

First of all, I confess the Mrs. and I have been largely absent in recent years (yikes . . . did I just say YEARS?). Families grow up, interests go in different directions, jobs, etc., etc., etc. I commute 3-4 hours round trip each day to work; I leave at 5:30 AM and get home 12 hours or so later, and frequently fall asleep in front of the computer. My wife works, is active in our community with a couple of organizations, and of course there is our family. Even though the kids are mostly grown (the youngest will be 18 later this year), they are still close by and take our time in many ways (not complaining, just sayin'!). The other thing that I have to admit takes some time is Facebook . . . . I have connected with so many people, in many different areas of interest, on Facebook. Speaking of FB, I just wanted to hit "Like" on so many of your posts!

BatjacAuburn wrote:

I was pretty active for about two years between 2012-13 but between being chastised a couple of times for not reading everything on the site before asking a question and the general decline in participation by everyone I stopped posting. I come now mostly to look at Lasbugas' pictures.

BatjacAuburn, the reason I quoted your post is that your description of being chastised for not reading everything before asking a question does NOT sound like this forum, but the "official" forum that WAS at johnwayne.com (not sure when it disappeared, but it's no longer there). The "chastising for not reading everything before asking a question" was VERY common there. If you did actually encounter that here, I am surprised and dismayed. You have an interesting user name that indicates you have more than a passing knowledge of John Wayne, so I am especially sorry if you were discouraged from being here. My experience over the years has been that, for the most part, this place is SUPER friendly! I have made friends from all around the world here and, with the exception of the rare 'drama', things here are very "chill" (as my kids say).

The post was edited 1 time, last by chester7777 ().

Hi Friends,
      I have noticed the site quieting down. I got this post and regularly get lasbugus pictures. Still watch a Duke movie about one a month.
      This site has given me a lot of pleasure over the years. Especially the Ireland, ones. Where you Europeans would go their and record pictures and film.
      The music for the great movie, "The Quiet Man".
      My wife and i wanted to go back to Ireland, but she took a trip to Heaven in 2014.
      I should also mention the movies Duke shot in Colorado and other places where people posted Pictures and dialogs. I am hoping to get to
      TCM movies in Hollywood for their yearly get together each April next year. Maureen was there,before she left for heaven.
      God Bless you all.
      The Colorado Kid.
      "A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

The post was edited 3 times, last by colkid60 ().

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="3" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">