Happy 4th of July for our American members!

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 15,928 times. The latest Post () was by Nathan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Happy 4th of July to all our American members of the JWMB! In the states today is a national holiday, and a day off for many. For the ROTW sorry, but it's just a normal Monday.

13592830_1638600723117423_5078859814823568492_n.jpg

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be." JOHN WAYNE

• I've been having an AMAZING 4th, celebrating in one of the most American places of them all, Walt Disney World!! We're all decked out in red, white, and blue. We were given flag pins when entering the parks this morning and at one Americana concert, they passed out red white and blue carnations!
    We just watched special fireworks as well! So happy and absolutely proud to be an American. I thank the Lord for allowing me to live in a country that is still free and for the lives of the men and women who have made my county a reality today.
    happy birthday America. :D

• Pineapple Angel, hope you didn't meet any gators down there in WDW.

Nope- we're safely home now (though I wish we had been able to stay longer!). It was pretty scary for me, going so soon after the terrible tragedy of last month. (If you don't know what we're referring to, last month a 2 year old boy was wading in the WDW lagoon on the beach at his resort and he was attacked and ultimately drowned by at least one alligator) Despite the extensive new fences and revamped warning signs, the beaches were still closed almost every time I walked by ours. We were staying at an EPCOT resort (not on the same Lagoon that the incident occurred on) but still it was pretty spooky with all of the beaches deserted, especially since we stayed at the Beach Club... beach club with no beaches.. weird.

The only animal I saw in the water was a turtle. It was interesting to go on the Jungle Cruise and hear their altered script, removing all references to gators or crocodiles. For example, there is one normal line where they say "Parents, watch your children...because the crocodiles will!" (or something like that), and this time the line was altered, swapping out "lions" for "crocodiles/alligators".

The whole incident was pretty scary for me though. Despite in my late teens, I don't know how to swim, and I also have serious fears about animals. Don't know why- but I'm actually afraid of like all animals.. no joke. Like a duck comes at me? I turn around and very likely run away.. :| Sooo fear of drowning + fear of animals? not great combination in this scenario.

I digress... Back to the fourth! (Yay! 'Merica!)

• Happy 4th to all!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Official Post

Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be. - John Wayne

FB_IMG_1562256169339.jpg

Happy 4th of July to the American members of the JWMB. 🇺🇸