Pinned Duke's Movie Soundtracks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 82 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by may2.

• Re: New John Wayne Soundtrack CDs

Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted to tell You all this:

I received my Legend of the Lost Soundtrack CD this morning! And, surprisingly, it is NOT done by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, it is the Original Score! The CD is limited to 1000 copies worldwide, so I think every fan who is interested should buy it soon.

You can find it here:

soundtrackcorner.de/legend-of-the-lost-p4071.htm
      "Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

I too have received mine. I unwrapped it and saw two cd's. One with Legend of the Lost and another one that showed The Last Man On Earth. I played them both and they are the same. They sent them this way because they went with the wrong art work. I wonder? Does that mean they have 2000 instead of 1000?

I received the same - two CDs, one with the wrong print. So I think, they have 2000 now...CRAZY! - But the CD is great.

I ordered the Soundtrack from Hellfighters today (and the new Soundtrack album of the TV-Show JAG, but that´s nothing related to the Duke...).

There is some great music in that movie
      I think so, although the music sounds a little different from other typical John Wayne movie scores. And I like Hellfighters! It is a great John Wayne movie...

I´ve got "The restless Kid" on CD!

You can find the CD here:
      amazon.com/Rio-Bravo-Ricky-Nel…sic&qid=1277112840&sr=1-1

The running time of the CD is only about 25 minutes, but it´s great! You find all the fine songs from Rio Bravo there, sung by Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson and the "De Guello" performed by the Nelson Riddle Orchestra.

"The restless Kid" I think is the same melody as used for the song "Johnny Yuma"...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dukesfan ().

• Re: Duke's Movie Soundtracks- Discussion

There is a new limited John Wayne Soundtrack released: The War Wagon.

I received the CD yesterday and must say, it´s great! - I always liked this movie and the soundtrack is fine.

You can find The War Wagon CD and some other John Wayne soundtracks here:

soundtrackcorner.de/john-wayne…ca9401208dacc4ec7a3738cf1

Dukesfan wrote:

A few days ago I bought the new 3CD Soundtrack Collection from John Wayne´s The Alamo! It is new record done by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra (O.K. some people don´t like that, but I do) and they have done a great job of recording the complete score. It is real great to listen to, almost like a symphony!

Actually, orchestras in foreign countries have been recording scores from many movies and doing a generally great job. Good sound and performance from a solid majority of these efforts!
      Cheers - Jay:beer:
      "Not hardly!!!"

I concur. This 3 disc re-recording of "The Alamo" is all we're ever going to get of the complete score. There's about two and one half hours of music from the film itself - including the deleted scenes. Some of the alternate cues are interesting too.
      Have to play it a few more times.

We deal in lead,friend.

The War Wagon! Cool! Now I have to see if I can get a copy! I would like to have the "John Wayne's West in Music and Poster Art" but the price is just way too high, especially since I already have all the trailers and most of the music. If I am not mistaken, the music is taken straight from the films? If so, then I am afraid I will just have to pass on it until the price comes way WAY down. Thanks for the heads up on the War Wagon though! I have the original soundtrack, by Nelson Riddle, and also the Dimitri Tiompkin 3 Disc set which has a few War Wagon pieces, but this one seems to have it all!

Also, if you all haven't yet received the 3 disc Alamo, the Hellfighters and Legend of the Lost CDs, I highly recommend them all! I would also recommend Mike Boltz's (I think that's how you spell his name) CD of the Alamo tribute. A very good companion CD to the soundtrack CDs.
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Thanks Duke!
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Sorry if I'm repeating what has gone before!

There have been a batch of Duke soundtracks released of late, most limited editions, including:

North to Alaska (Intrada)
      Hellfighters (Intrada)
      Legend of the Lost (Kritzerland)
      Barbarian and the Geisha (Kritzerland)

Good to see some are filling the non-western gaps.