DMMW #2: Santa Fe Stampede

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,132 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This month's Duke Monthly Movie Watch (DMMW) is: Santa Fe Stampede (1938)

How it works: Here is the basics, each month on the first of each month we'll post a new Duke Wayne movie in this forum for all of us to watch. The hope is that you'll have a chance to sit down and watch the chosen movie within the first week or two of the month and share your thoughts, or insights of that movie here in this thread. I'm hoping that doing this will generate greater appreciation for the movie of the month.

I realize that many of the movies will not be available online to watch via the forum, so many of the movies will have to be watched either by DVD that you already own OR you can choose to rent the movie online from Amazon streaming service or some other online movie streaming service.

Santa Fe Stampede is embedded below from YouTube so you should be able to watch it from this thread. If not let us know.

1342056214.jpg

[eVideo='55',large][/eVideo]

• I watched this last week, and then forgot to write about it! It's a fun little B-Western, and not much else can be said about it!

I'm not a big fan of Duke's "Three Mesquiteers" movies, but this one isn't bad! It has a more serious tone than the other movies of the series that Duke starred in, including a brutal double murder you don't often see in an old B Western!

There was action and suspense and the good guys won at the end; everything you'd expect from this kind of movie!

The climax was a little lame; as bad as the bad guy was (and Leroy Mason was good at playing bad guys), I wanted to see a tougher, more prolonged beating! This was a quick slugfest and then it was over!

The worst part about these Mesquiteers movies is (in my opinion), Dukes worst comic sidekick, Max Turhune as Lullaby and his ventriloquist dummy, Lester! No self-respecting cowboy rides the range with a doll! And if so, his sidekicks at one time would have gotten so annoyed by this, that Lester would have ended up as kindling for the campfire!

So, to sum it up; fun, nothing special, something good for a movie night double feature if you follow it up with something better!