Books on Pals of the Saddle

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by The Irish Duke.

• Re: Books: On Pals Of The Saddle

Think we should add "Cowboy Stuntman" by Dean Smith with Mike Cox, Texas Tech University Press, 2013.
      Dean starts with his real life ancestry in Texas, growing up with horses and watching westerns on Saturday afternoons. He excels at track and wins a gold medal in the 1952 Olympics, but always wanted to be a part of western movies and through a mutual and famous friend becomes stunt double for Dale Robertson on "Tales of Wells Fargo".
      Through a series of meetings and networking, he meets John Wayne in 1959 and is hired on "The Alamo". He goes on to perform in nine more Wayne films and becomes a friend for life with Duke's family.
      He relives several exciting and humorous experiences which I won't spoil here. There are many great photos and a filmography.

We deal in lead, friend.

Gorch wrote:

Think we should add "Cowboy Stuntman" by Dean Smith with Mike Cox, Texas Tech University Press, 2013.
      Dean starts with his real life ancestry in Texas, growing up with horses and watching westerns on Saturday afternoons. He excels at track and wins a gold medal in the 1952 Olympics, but always wanted to be a part of western movies and through a mutual and famous friend becomes stunt double for Dale Robertson on "Tales of Wells Fargo".
      Through a series of meetings and networking, he meets John Wayne in 1959 and is hired on "The Alamo". He goes on to perform in nine more Wayne films and becomes a friend for life with Duke's family.
      He relives several exciting and humorous experiences which I won't spoil here. There are many great photos and a filmography.

We deal in lead, friend.

Bill, thanks for this update.
      I will profile it and add it soon.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

Thanks Bill now included in our reviews

COWBOY STUNTMEN:
      From Olympic Gold to the Silver Screen

James Garner (Foreword), Dean Smith (Author), Mike Cox (Author) Texas Tech Press,U.S. (2013)

[IMG:http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/john-wayne/97808967278921_zps52aae6aa.jpg]

Dean starts with his real life ancestry in Texas, growing up with horses and watching westerns on Saturday afternoons.
      He excels at track and wins a gold medal in the 1952 Olympics, but always wanted to be a part of western movies
      and through a mutual and famous friend becomes stunt double for Dale Robertson on "Tales of Wells Fargo".
      Through a series of meetings and networking, he meets John Wayne in 1959 and is hired on "The Alamo".
      He goes on to perform in nine more Wayne films and becomes a friend for life with Duke's family.
      He relives several exciting and humorous experiences which I won't spoil here.
      There are many great photos and a filmography.
      Written by Gorch
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England
    • Re: John Ford Books

Harry Carey, Jr.'s Company of Heroes: My Life as an Actor in the John Ford Stock Company is being published in paperback format on December 7, 2013 by Taylor Trade Publishing. I'm so glad this wonderful book is coming back into print!

rowman.com/ISBN/9781589799110
    • Re: John Ford Books

Harry Carey, Jr.'s Company of Heroes: My Life as an Actor in the John Ford Stock Company is being published in paperback format on December 7, 2013 by Taylor Trade Publishing. I'm so glad this wonderful book is coming back into print!

rowman.com/ISBN/9781589799110