True Grit (2010)

There are 484 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 261,288 times. The latest Post () was by Moonshine_Sally.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Not that it would change my mind about a remake of "True Grit" but if they insist on making it, I'd like to see Russell Crowe as either Rooster or Lucky Ned (I think he'd fit either role).

As for La Boeuf (the Ranger), I could visualize any of the following in the role: Brolin, William Fichtner, Josh Hartnett, Christian Bale, or even Kevin Costner or Brad Pitt.

An excellent candidate for the role of Mattie would be Madeline Carroll, who played Costner's daughter in "Swing Vote".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hollywood, has been out of material for years, just about every movie is a remake, maybe the real deal is the there are no great books out there except for Clancy but with him they are all about the same. I would want Tom Sellck as Rooster or even Duvall or Tommy Lee jones. It will take a helluva cast to get me to watch it and if the focus is on maddie then I'll tune it out, I mean how many movies have been done on a vengeful woman gun toting dame. She's better at realizing she's limited but a good negotiator and paying someone to do the dirty deed. Hollywood today also lacks great horseman that we saw years ago. Oh well The Times are changing,

Mister you better find yourself another line of work, cause this one sure DON"T fit your PISTOL!

• I like the Coen Brothers but they should not touch a perfect movie. They already made a remake of a classic: The Ladykillers with Tom Hanks instead of the great Alec Guiness. IMO a rather mediocre movie somehow entertaining but not as good as the fantastic original.
    The same will happen to a perfect western like True Grit. John Wayne is perfect as Rooster Cogburn and no else would come close that. A new Actor as Rooster Cogburn will only be a bad copy. BTW Warren Oates tried to be Cogburn as well in the TV Show and failed.
    Some comments like "This one will be closer to the original" aren't promising.
    The only good thing about it is that Westerns are still made. :shades_smile:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• Gary Busey might be a good chaney, picture him with a three week scruff beard.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• The key to this thread is that it's a COEN BROTHERS' remake, so the cast is obvious:

John Goodman is Rooster
    George Clooney is LaBoeuf
    Frances McDormand is Mattie (Remarkable make up job)
    Steve Buscemi is Ned Pepper (No make up needed)
    John Turturro is Tom Chaney
    William H. Macy is Col. Stonehill
    Peter Stormare IS J. Noble Daggett

Anyone care to add or to cast the newly announced Mel Brooks remake of The Alamo?

We deal in lead, friend.