True Grit (2010)

There are 484 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 262,018 times. The latest Post () was by Moonshine_Sally.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• May2 - thanks for the info, but of course they're going to play on his win, and the buzz that was going around about Crazy Heart from the start was that it had Oscar all over it.

We're not going to have a fuss over this are we, May2??

We're all on the same page about our affection for John Wayne, and while I have nothing against JB for his part in this, as he's an actor, and he's working on his craft, I think some things should be left alone.

As to the point about the ages of the characters in the book vs the movie, this happens a the time. Unless it makes an unrealistic plot difference, no one has an issue with it, usually.

• In the book Mattie states that Rooster looks like President Grover Cleveland.
    If they stay true to the book the new movie will have a different ending. And the movie will be more of a narrative by Mattie.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Thanks for that Jim,
    Interesting trailer, maybe we'll have to see how Bridges checks out.
    We are biased, so perhaps we should view the movie as if
    it was nothing to do with Duke!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thanks for that Jim,
    Interesting trailer, maybe we'll have to see how Bridges checks out.
    We are biased, so perhaps we should view the movie as if
    it was nothing to do with Duke!!

I never thought about it, but subconsciously I was indeed comparing Jeff Bridges to Duke. And as good as Bridges may be, he seriously lacks the presence to really make a lasting impression in the brief moments we see him in the trailer.

But I am going to check it out at the 2 dollar theater when it gets there.

• It's a great looking trailer. Roger Deakins, the Coen brothers regular cinematographer, always does great work. He has 8 Oscar nominations.

I think this will be a more serious film than the original. No laughs.

Edited once, last by may2 ().

• For a film which has touted how closely it's going to follow the original novel, there are several characters listed here which were not in the novel...nor the original film. "Bear Grit", "Sullivan", "Coke Hays"??... No Original Mexican Bob, Yarnell Poindexter, OR Lawyer J. Noble Daggett.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1403865/fullcredits#cast

I wouldn't take IMDB as the final word, until the movie is actually released.

• This does not look like a bad remake. Maybe when people go see this version they will want to comepare, and Duke will get some new young fans. Either way it is not going to hurt Duke's legacy.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• I am interested in seeing it, I just hope it is not too much of a blood bath. Sometimes They make these new movies too violent. There has to be a fine line.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• It is weird to hear True Grit virtually word for word and it looks quite good. I dont think it will be a patch :box:on the original but could a True Grit box office success reignite the western genre.

• Yeah, no surprises in the trailer but I wonder what motivated the remake? At least Matt Damon is better than Glen Campbell, but where's Strother Martin when you need him? Hope the score is good.

Love "the patch" comment.

We deal in lead, friend.

• [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Here's the new "extended" trailer. LOL at the 2:00 mark. I presume this must be "Bear Grit." Geez Louise, what were they thinking.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!